17. Memories From The Future

AUTHOR'S POV:

It was the day for Eren to accomplish his second last mission. Everything was ready. MPs were already hiding near the Ragako Village.
.

They decided to accomplish this mission at Reiss Chapel. All the Survey Corps members, who were assigned to be a titan shifter, Miche squad, Levi squad, Hange squad, Mikasa and Historia, Pixis and Zachary were present there.

Eren and Dina arrived at last. After they made sure that everything was ready, Eren and Dina just held eachother's hand. Then yellow lightning crackled around their hands and then they were teleported to the paths.

Dina slowly opened her eyes and looked around. She was amazed.

"After I ate that titan shifter, I teleported here." Dina said.

She was admiring her surroundings.

"It's possible as you were a pure Titan for nearly 20 years.... So, let's accomplish our mission..."

"Yeah. But, what should we do now ?"

"Hmmm.. just headbutt me and we will go to my Dad's memories."

Dina was confused.

"Why would we have to go to his memories ?"

"That's necessary. I will explain everything later."

"I guess you are right."

Dina then stood infront of Eren and headbutted him. Yellow lightning crackled around them and then they were teleported to Grisha's memories.

They arrived at where Grisha was saved by Kruger.

"So, this is how he survived..." Dina muttered.

They heard some of their conversation in silence.

Dina saw the picture of her family. She teared up a bit.
.

They were now on that part where Kruger was inserting a needle through the stopper of a small glass bottle.

"Have a family," Kruger said, filling up the syringe.

Grisha was kneeling on one knee by Kruger. "What?"

"After you enter the Walls, build a family."

"What are you talking about? I have Dina... Won't I forget the things you tell me just before I become a Titan anyways?"

After hearing his words, Dina teared up a bit again.

"That's not always the case. And someone may see it later." Kruger said.

"Eh?"

"Whether it's a wife, a child, or one of your neighbors. Love someone inside the Walls. If you can't do that, it'll only repeat." Kruger stepped closer to him. "The same history. The same mistakes. Over and over. To save Mikasa, Armin, and everyone else, you must see it through."

Dina was shocked.

'Did he marry Carla just to accomplish his mission ?...' Dina thought.

They wander around his memories. They  saw how Grisha met Carla. They saw Grisha and Carla's marriage too which made Dina a bit jealous. She was sad too, remembering their own marriage.
.

They saw how Grisha cared for Eren. Dina was happy about it.
.

It was now that part where Grisha was taking a nap in the basement and said,"I am sorry... Zeke..."

Dina was sad too, hearing those words.
.

They were now on the part where Eren killed Mikasa's kidnappers. Dina was so shocked to see that.