9. Convincing

AUTHOR'S POV:

.
.

Mikasa came inside Eren's Collosal titan's mouth. Eren looked at her and smiled. Mikasa smiled back and then severed his head.
.
.
.

Eren shot up from this nightmare. He was breathing heavily. He looked around and found himself at his dorm room which he shared with Armin. He sighed in relief.

'Again that nightmare....' He thought.

He had been having these nightmares ever since he got the second chance. For 5 years, he hadn't slept a good night sleep. His friends were aware of this but Eren never told them about the nightmare.

It was still dark outside, but the whole place was lighted by Moon light.

'I should take a stroll around there...' Eren thought and left his dorm.

He slowly made his way to the exit. He went to the training ground. It was as expected, empty.

The cold breeze was hitting his face. He felt peace that he hadn't felt in years.

He walked around for some times. Then he decided to sit on a bench.

He sat there, looking at the moon.

'It's so... Peaceful.... I couldn't feel peace for 4 long years... How miserable my life was back then... Just questioning myself whether or not rumbling was the only option.... What if Ymir would have never choosen me ?... How my life would have been then ?... Peaceful ?... I got my own mother killed... How can I be this heartless... I just.. don't deserve the chance...' Eren thought.

'Atleast, my hands were strained with just 2 murderer's blood before, but now.... It's strained with the blood of 80% of the world population .... Blood of my Mom... I am a monster...' Eren thought, looking at his hands.

He started crying silently there. He didn't know when he fell asleep, but he woke up from a sweet voice calling him.

"Eren! Wake up!" Mikasa said while shaking his shoulder.

He slowly opened his eyes and made eye contact with Mikasa. He then realised that he fell asleep on the bench.

"Oh Hey Mikasa." Eren said, rubbing his eyes.

"Eren. Why were you sleeping here ? Did you have another nightmare ?" Mikasa asked with concern.

"Yeah. It's still about Mom's death..." Eren said, looking down.

'How she would feel if I tell her that, my nightmare is about her killing me ?...' Eren thought.

"Oh Eren." Mikasa replied and hugged him. Eren hugged her back.

Since Eren wouldn't snap at her, Mikasa started hugging Eren a long time ago. Before, she could only hold his hands, but now, she could hug the one she loves the most.

"Thanks Mikasa... For comforting me." Eren replied.

'I could just stay like this forever...' Eren thought and smiled.

They slowly pulled away and stared at eachother, blushing a bit.

"Let's go Eren. You must be hungry." Mikasa said with a smile.

"Yeah. Let's go."

Armin was just standing a few metres away from them, smiling.

'I hope the two of them will be together soon.' Armin thought.

He then caught up with both of them. Then he remembered how Eren left the day before.

"Hey Eren!"

"Hmm?"