part-16🥀

It was the weekend already.

Zohra was in her deep sleep, dreaming about cats and smiling like a maniac.

Zohra was obsessed with cats, but Yumna, being a brown mom, was strictly against bringing stray cats home.

Zafar switched her 4th alarm off & pulled Zohra's quilt.

Zohra pulled the quilt back and continued her dream... Oh, the cats were flying out of her window.... Wait! What?

Zohra rubbed her eyes & they widened immediately.

Zafar was throwing all her soft toys out of the window.

Zohra shouted, " Zafu! "Yeh kya kar rahe ho? "

Zafar glared at her & said, " Tumhara saamaan bahar phenk raha hoon sust insaan... Ek hi din milta hai mujhe sone ke liye aur tum uss ek din mein saari duniya ke alarm kyun rakhti ho? "

Zohra made a puppy face & said, " Meri neend jaldi nahi khulti zafu."

Zafar replied, " Aaj se roz darwaaze ke bahar sona...subah kachra uthaane wale jaga denge tumhe."

"Zohra threw her pillow on him that he dodged easily and threw the pillow back, which hit right on her face."

And so the day started.

Zohra screamed, " AMMI ZAFU NE MERA MUH TODH DIYA!"

Zafar gasped, " Jhooti... AMMI MAI BAS TAKIYA PHENKA JO ISINE MUJHPAR PHENKA THA!"

Yumna wheeled her wheelchair.

She looked at her two monkeys, who were now trying to hide behind one another after seeing a spatula in their mom's hand.

When Zafar and Zohra were 4 years old, they lived in different cities.

They were very active and notorious.

The house in which they lived was rented to them by a couple with three children—two boys and one girl—and one time one of the boys bought something from the shop without his mom's permission.

The lady took a spatula and placed it near the boy's hand.

The boy was crying and screaming even before the spatula touched his palm.

Yumna knew the spatula was nowhere near hot because the lady was a very sweet person and was teaching her child a lesson.

Yumna had an idea, and she told Zafar and Zohra that if they didn't listen to her, she'd do the same to them.

For 4-year-old children, it was pretty traumatic to watch the scene & it never left their minds.

Yumna chuckled, knowing both her children thought the very same thing as soon as they saw a spatula.

Yumna spoke, " Haan bolo kya keh rahe the dono?"

Both said, " Woh... woh...kuch nai Ammi bas aise hi..." Hum toh mazaak kar rahe the "

They hugged each other, pretending everything was alright.

Yumna nodded & said, " Achi baat hai..." Maine naashta bana rahi hoon...jaldi se aao.. "

On Saturdays,Sundays Sofiya(nurse) just checked Yumna's blood pressure & left because Zafar gave her a leave on Sunday...since he was at home & could spend time with his family.

Both of them went to freshen up.

After breakfast, Zohra got ready to go to Zuberi Mansion.

She took out a pink t-shirt when Yumna entered the room and said, " Aaj Salwar kameez pehnna."