Chapter Thirteen

Louis has a hard time explaining away his sore throat when it was doing so much better and then they make him eat oatmeal for breakfast and when he comes out of the shower his voice is raw and scratchy again. He tells them the steam loosened the phlegm in his chest and he coughed and that's why its raw again. He doesn't tell them that his throat is raw again because he purged his breakfast before he got ready for school. Liam insists that Louis rides with them to the university. Zayn and Liam always drive together but Louis goes alone because they have stuff to do after class, Liam has football and Zayn hangs out with his friends and usually wanders home around dinner time. Liam's football is over though, and Zayn always sticks close to home when he knows Louis is feeling down.

The ride to school is quiet; Louis sits in the back seat with his head pressed to the window, Zayn and Liam exchange worried glances in the front seat. Louis spends his entire first period wondering if he should just stay away from the studio to avoid seeing Harry. He knows Harry will go to check if he's back at school, even though Louis hasn't replied any of his texts. The last thing Louis needs is to bump into Harry after avoiding him during second period and have to explain that as well as why he's been ignoring Harry's texts. He'll have to go, he'll have to act like everything is fine. There is always a chance Harry won't show up at all, Louis didn't get a text in the morning like he usually would so maybe Harry wont check the studio.

The bell rings after first and Louis gathers his things to head to second, hoping maybe Harry won't come. He unpacks his things at the work station even though he has nothing to work on. He ends up folding his arms and putting his head down, hoping to just sleep through the period. It isn't long before there is a large hand on his back though, rubbing softly up and down. Louis clears his throat and raises his head. Harry is sitting on the stool beside him, backpack still on and a crease between his brows. Louis offers a weak smile and straightens up, Harry's hand stays on his shoulder. Harry looks at him for just a moment before he's reaching forward, pulling Louis into his arms.

Louis only tenses for a moment before he lets himself sink into the hug a bit, accepting Harry's arms wrapped warmly around his shoulders and wrapping his own arms around Harry's waist. Louis expects him to ask about the texts or something but he doesn't. He just holds Louis for a little longer and then holds Louis at arms length as his eyes search Louis face.

"How're you feeling?" he asks gently.

"M'alright," Louis says, but his voice is still raspy.

Harry frowns, "throat still hurt?"

"A little," Louis shrugs, "m'okay."

He nods and pulls a stool over, sitting beside Louis. Louis puts his head back down on his arms and he's thankful when he hears Harry taking out his textbooks. Louis appreciates it because he thinks maybe he doesn't want to talk right now, but as he listens to Harry's pencil lightly scratching at the paper he feels guilty. It's not Harry's fault Louis can't control himself, can't keep himself from being attracted to Harry. He doesn't deserve to be ignored when he's been nothing but nice to Louis.

Louis is going to have to get his shit together and maybe he can introduce Harry to some of the girls at the rehearsal on monday or something so Louis doesn't have to feel so guilty for not talking to him after the show. Louis raises his head and finds Harry with his curls falling out from under his beanie as he scribbles in his notebook. He reaches out for a highlighter and notices Louis' head isn't down anymore. He offers Louis a small smile as he uncaps the highlighter and drags it across a line in his notebook.

"Did you know we went to the same college in Donny?" Harry asks after a while.

Louis eyebrows shoot up, "no, did we? I thought you said you were from Cheshire?"