Ch. 30 - Best Big Brother!

Hiii did you all forgotten about me?

I'm gonna be honest with you, I WAS sick 1 - 2 months ago but then I had a writers block. I was just getting obsessed with Genshin okay, but it's still terrifying to see how there are so many Genshin McDonald's pfp everywhere even when I'm not on wattpad 🥰

. . .

"Nii-San!!" Tanjiro's younger siblings came towards me and hugged me, whining about how much they will miss me when I'm going down to sell coal with Tanjiro.

I chuckled and knelt down to their height. "Nezuko, Takeo, Hanako and Shigeru don't worry. We'll be back in no time! Please watch Rokuta for me okay? Don't cause Kaa-San to stress too much." I ruffled their hair and they looked at me sadly,

"You're not going to leave us like Otou-San did, Nii-San and Tanjiro-Nii? What if there will be bad people harming us?"

"Nope! I promise I will not, I'll kick the people who tried to harm any of you!" I laughed without thinking of how much that promise will cost me.

They laughed including Takeo who was usually being a tsundere also laughed a bit. "Now remember to not open your doors to anyone or be outside when it's dark out, demons will come and eat you!"

"Yes Nii-San!" They chirped, sounds like they aren't buying the demon story but they still will listen to you.

"Tanjiro, let's go now" I called out, Tanjiro nodded and went over to me quickly.

~~~ Second POV ~~~

The weather wasn't that bad, it's not winter yet so which means that Muzan won't be coming for them. Right?

You hoped so, but since Muzan knows much of the plot it means that he will come at anytime just to throw you off.

"Tanjiro, we need to hurry up and get back home before night comes in." Tanjiro nodded and followed you quickly to sell coal.

~~~ Tanjiro POV ~~~

It's been a month since Otou-San died, he gave us each a earring so I had the left earring while Nii-San has the right earring.

Nii-San is always anxious about everything when we head out to the village. I can smell the worry from a mile away, always saying stuff like Demons will eat you if you don't close your doors and stay inside at night.

I didn't believe it at first, thinking that he's saying that so we can sleep early, but now I'm not sure anymore. He has been saying that for the past 6 years to now, do demons really exist?

If what my Nii-San said was true, then we are very lucky right? We are well protected, nii-San always put the purple flowers which he calls them Wisteria Flowers.

I once asked him where he get those pretty flowers, and he never told me. Just smiled and switched the subject.

Sometimes I'm scared of what will happen if there are really demons, are they gonna eat my family? Will they kill off innocent people who was just trying to live?

The more I think about it, the more I feel sadden for those who got killed by the demons. If they really exist.

Come to think of it, Old Man Saburo's family was found dead 3 months ago and now he's living alone by himself.

He also often tell the people around him that the demons at night will kill us if we are outside at night.

"Tanjiro?" Nii-San's voice snapped me out of my daydream.

"We are almost there, don't wonder okay? I'll help the ones that needed while you sell the coal"

"Alright nii-San!"

Though even if nii-San talks nonsense, he is still the best brother to me. He was showing how strong he was when Otou-San died, comforting me after everyone was asleep and I wasn't.

He looks after his family more than I ever did, I am really lucky to have a big brother like him.

Y/N-nii really loves to create toys for Hanako, Shigeru and Rokuta, and also makes kimono's for Kaa-San and Nezuko.

I wanna be like him when I grow up a little bit more, helping him shoulder the responsibilities he have on himself.