xvii. never ending story

"reach the stars, fly a fantasy

"reach the stars, fly a fantasy."
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

"YOU FLUNG THAT THING LIKE A HOTWHEEL!" Dustin exclaimed as he tackled Mike, Josh, and El in a hug. El was limping and had her arms around Mike and Josh's shoulders.

Erica ran across the mall floor, approaching Lucas. She looked confused. "Lucas!"

"What are you- what is she doing here?" Lucas looked at the teenagers, all of which quietly ignored him.

"Ask them, it's their fault." Erica pointed towards the four older kids. Everyone in the other group looked disgusted at the beaten and bloody faces of Steve and Colby. Steve looked slightly worse.

"True, yeah. Totally true." nodded Steve, putting his hands on his hips. "Absolutely our fault."

"I don't understand what happened to that car." said Robin incredulously, pointing to the crashed car.

"El has superpowers." Colby told her solemnly.

However, Robin's eyes widened. It was then that Colby remembered she hadn't been given the full rundown on the gate— and she sure as hell had no idea who Eleven was. "I'm sorry?"

"Superpowers." repeated Colby, looking over at the girl with a small smile. "She threw it with her mind."

"That's El?" Erica pointed at the girl with an expression that read confusion.

"Who's El?" asked Robin, who was still caught up on the fact that someone in the group had superpowers. Colby didn't necessarily blame her. When he found out the girl could travel to other dimensions by laying in a pool, he was pretty surprised as well.

"I'm sorry, who are you?" interrogated Nancy, narrowing her eyes in Robin's direction. Colby didn't know why Nancy was acting so hostile towards Robin.

"I'm Robin." she informed her, nodding slowly. "I work with Steve and Colby."

"She cracked the top secret code." Dustin said excitedly, grinning proudly towards Robin.

"Yeah," nodded Steve, motioning with his hands, "which is how we found out about the Russians."

Colby brought two fingers up to his lip instinctively. The pain in his ribs was the only thing still bothering him, possibly because he hadn't taken it seriously enough. He'd been running and sliding and vomiting, all of which was irritating his bones more than ever.

"Russians?" gasped Jonathan, his brows furrowing together. "Wait, what Russians?"

"The Russians there." Cassie motioned behind them to the bodies laying on the floor.