chapter one

The bird was pooping on the three.

What a nice view.

Oh Chan-mi rested her head on her head as she stared out the window her stare blank and zero thoughts in her head. Outside of school wasn't anything more interesting than inside school. She was in math class and it was dreadful, her concentration today was zero, and when one of that days happen she decides to just do nothing the whole day.

She checked the watch in her hand.

10:40

Just five more minutes. Oh god damn it why do you have to be so punctual? She cussed her friend Nico, an exchange student who usually took her out of class so she could do her job as an announcer. He was an angel in her eyes. a savior.

"Hey,"

She ignored the voice, staring at her hand clock.

"aiooo" someone poked her shoulder.

Then she felt someone's toes pushing into hers. Oh, he is not going there. Her sneakers were falling apart after one of their toe fights, and she liked those sneakers. They were lovely turquoise colored. She pushed his toes back, and it went back and forth.

The fight continued until the professor glared at them. Some students noticed them and laughed at the funny pair. Chan-mi's cheeks got red from attention as she put her head down from embarrassment.

" What do you want?" She turned around and whispered to Su-hyeok after the teacher stopped glaring at them and continued with the lesson.

Su-hyeok and Chan-mi were close friends since Su-hyeok sat behind her. He once got the courage and asked her to help him with a math problem. He expected to be hit for being stupid but she helped him. Somehow they hit off and they started being friends.

Do you want to eat lunch with me?" He asked, smiling. Resting his head on the desk.

" Yeah sure, but I have to do a radio show first. " She was part of their school club who were like reporters. At first, she chose it because her aunt told her she shouldn't just stay at home and doddle in her notebook, but after some time she started having fun too.

"oh it's no problem. I will wait in the front," he said, collecting her pencils and putting them into her pencil case as he closed it.

She scrunched her eyebrows: "what are you doing??"

"10:45" he pointed at her and then she heard doors opening. It was a boy around her height with pale skin and blue eyes.

" excuse me professor I need-"

"you are excused. Do you need Chan-mi? Yes, I know I know. chan-mi you can go now" professor dismissed him quickly already annoyed that almost no one was listening to him.

Chan-mi stood up with a newfound smile on her face. She felt like all her went energy was back. During math, all her energy gets absorbed by solving questions as by the end of class she feels like a living zombie, but the second it ends she recharges and feels like walking sunshine next few minutes happy that she escaped the living hell.

She heard a few groans in class. "Professor, how is that fair??" Exclaimed Nayeon.

Cheongsan rolled his eyes and glared at Chan-mi . "it is not fair she gets those privileges. Anyone can read the script"

Chan-mi stuck her tongue out at him just as she closed the door she put L on her forehead. Cheongsan glared at her and made angry birds-like noises.

"I ma her cousin why can't she take me with her" he whinned

" dude you are just jealous" Gyeong-su nudged him

" no, I am not!"

Chan- mi smiled proudly that she annoyed her cousin. Cheongsan was a little yonger than her and she liked to show him a little superiority it was fun.

" here is your script" Nico handeled it to her as she hummed while reading it.

***

"Good afternoon. The never-ending heat has died down. And a fresh, cool breeze has replaced the muggy, scorching weather." Chan-mi read from her paper as she spun in the chair. Her clear voice echoed through school.

Some people shut up listening to the nice voice of the girl while others continued doing whatever they did.

She looked at So-hyeok who was sitting in a chair near her playing with some pens at the table. She felt bad for making him wait for her, he could have now eat lunch with Gyeong-su and Cheongsan. He raised his head as they made eye contact. He smiled at her.

"just a bit longer," she mouthed at him as he noodled his head, waiting for her patiently.

"Today, our topic is a fascinating study from abroad. A psychologist in the US conducted an experiment. He gathered 48 men and women who had never met. To one group, he gave a specific..."