chapter seventeen

"Cheong-san. Stop being so stubborn." On-jo tried to stop him. Cheong-san was already on the window ready to take action.

"Two rooms across and one floor down at the teacher's office." He said as it would make On-jo feel anything better. The slight difference was that he had to get there through the window.

"You shouldn't go." She tried to say.

"If I can't make it, I'll just come back, you know? Don't worry about me." He said just trying to make her stop nagging.

" that doesn't sound like you" Chan-mi walked towards the window. She knew him and he would be ready to sacrifice himself for a coach if he made it clear in his mind.  He was stubborn.

" I'm not worried about you. I'm pissed off." On-jo said.

"Sure."

" Yes. "

"Why would you worry about me?" He was a bit hurt, yes it was because she liked his friend, she even asked him out and told him, her set friend about it.

And wort of it all his friend had an obvious crush on his cousin.

Chan-mi then caught his arm " you and your stupid heroic shit pull me up I am going too" she started climbing up but he quickly moved his hand, not allowing her to go up.

" what?" Cheon-san and On-jo looked at the girl.

" what?" Chan-mi rose an eyebrow at the friends-enemies-lovers pair in front of her.

Su-hyeok then walked towards the window " nope you are not going" he climbed up. He is not letting her get hurt from what he heard of Sun-hee she went through a lot no wonder he hibernates half of the time, also the events that happened he didn't want her to let go.

Chan-mi was a bit emotional now. She wouldn't admit it but the death of her close people isn't easy to get over. So her mechanism was: figuring out things Einstein couldn't and sleep=no thinking just random things.

" hey, what do you think you are doing?" She glared at him.

"Stopping you we will go back, soon see you!"  he waved at her through the window before following Chekng-san quickly.

" idiots" she looked at on-jo who was also very pissed at the pair.

She signed hoping they will both be fine, she turned to her classmates " so what is your guy's favorite color?"

***
"I heard that in some countries, they mourn adults more than they do with children. And in others, children more than adults. Which do you think our country is?" Nam-ra leaned on the window.

" that is so random" Chan-mi commented.

"What do you mean?"

"When kids die, you lose hope but... when adults die, you lose their wisdom.  Hope and wisdom" Joon said.

Wu-jin nudged Chan-mi " you are third-best in our school why don't you say something like that?"

Chan-mi was thirded in their school, it was mostly because she did a study and since young age understood that if she wants something she has to work for it.

She always wanted to be a reporter, not the lying one no she wanted to uncover the truth and see beneath the lies the public creates.

"Which do we value more? Hmm?" She asked herself, not answering the question.

" Can we stop talking about this it is getting depressing" Wu-jin frowned not liking the dark atmosphere?

" adults. By what I mean themselves" she finally answered.

"They've been flying all over the place since yesterday. They would have already saved us if they wanted to." Nam-ra looked out of the window pointing at choppers flying around.

Chan-mi noticed them too it was hard not to.

"They would have already saved us if they wanted to. But even if they do come to save us, we won't get out first. We're just not important enough for that. We're students. That's it"

***
" Su-hyeok." Everyone jumped after the guy Chan-mi looked at him up and down he looked fine but someone was missing. Where is her cousin?

Wu-jin asked "Hey, Bare-su.  Are you okay? Where's the phone? And Cheong-san?"

On-jo ran towards Windom chan-mi followed after. They looked through it, but there was no brown-haired boy. Chan-mi climbed up the window checking if he was somewhere needing help after nothing she came back.

"Su-hyeok. Where is he?" Everyone was tense, waiting for su hyeok's answer.

We got separated in the teacher's office. I'm sure he'll be fine. " answer didn't satisfy them. Chan-mi bit her lip at least he is alive.

He looked at her first maybe she would be angry at him for leaving her cousin like that. He saw how she played with her hands a bit thinking.

I could go and save himnot stop it. She was not letting anyone else die. Maybe it was why she kept clinging to everyone.

What could you do? We should work together

I can use a knife.

Don't be too confident now.

On-jo too wanted to go after Cheong-san. She saw Chan-mi fighting with herself. it was in Chan-mi's personality to go after them but for others, she decided to wait for them to go alone. 

She came closer to Su-hyeok examining him, he had a few stretched here and there but it was nothing big. His uniform was messed up and his tie was loosened.

" oh thank god you are fine" Chan-mi muttered as she fixed his tie and clothes.

"Are you serious? Oh, shit!"

"I'm sorry... for coming back alone."

" at least you are here and Cheong-san is not dead," Chan-mi said as she sat on the floor.