chapter twenty one

Su-hyeok climbed up on the desk as he watched zombies go to the speakers. All of the survived students were waiting patiently.

" is it clear?" Chan-mi asked him.

"There's one more." He answered as they watched one zombie limp. Chan-mi couldn't help but snort when she saw its leg.

"Okay I am going now" he poked his head but then he spotted a zombie. A really weird one as it kept bumping its head at the wall, he closed the doors quickly.

"shit, shit, shit, shit. Close it. Close it." He took a  deep breath as he looked like he had a heart attack as everyone looked at him weirdly.

"could've died. You said it was fine, you idiot. " he cursed at Su-hyeok. 

"What? Where?" Su-york asked completely unaware that his friend just got traumatized for life.

"There's one right outside."

"I don't see it" he frowned.

" I want to see help me up" Su-hyeok took chan-mi hand before pulling her up .she noticed the zombie right away.  bumping its head at the wall ignoring the meditator's voice.

Su-hyeok noticed him as well. Surprised he jumped town and whispered to Wu-jin and De-Su. "What do we do? You think there's something wrong with him?"

"Not any more than you."

" Everyone else followed the sound, but he's still there by himself." De-su pointed out the obvious.

"Maybe he's deaf."

" How the fսck could he hear when the Fսckеr's dead, huh? What about the other zombies? They all respond to sound."

"Shit Beats me."

" why is it doing that?" Chan-mi frowned as she continued watching the weird zombie waiting for some change in its behavior maybe bumping its head at the wall will become boring to it after a while.

" why what is it doing?" On-jo whispered to Chan-mi.

Chan-mi turned around so she could answer her " it constantly keeps bumping its head against the wall"

" that is weird." On-jo frowned as well.

" Why don't we wait for a while" su-hyeok suggested.

This zombie had Chan-mi impressed even after half of the hour if her counting was correct it still kept bumping its head at the wall. So stubborn it reminded her of someone.

"We can't be waiting. Take the others and walk past him as carefully as possible. I'll do what I can from the back" he looked at Chan-mi who crossed her hands.

Here he goes again with his heroic shit.

Then when others were collecting their curates for this expedition she got closer to him as she whispered. " do you have to be on the back?"

" Why are you worried?" He asked her as she looked down before taking his hand not looking at him. Su-hyeok could feel his ears turning red as this beautiful girl took his hand and intertwined their fingers.

" be careful please" she slowly pulled her hand off his but he stopped her. She looked at him giving him a small smile and one last squeeze before going to Nam-ra.

Nam-ra took her hand as the two girls held each other gaze before walking out of the classroom.

Everyone tried to be as quiet as possible as their all gazes were watching a weird suspicious zombie who had an unidentified illness. It would start groaning here and there and then trying to eat glass.

Clutch

Chan-mi glanced at the pink water bottle never expecting to hate the object as much as she did now. All of them stared at the zombie who quieted down now.

We are fucked.

" Run!"

All of them got into a run as the zombie went after them Nam-ra pulled Chan-mi to run quicker when the latter saw Su-hyeok kicking the zombie not wanting him to get separated again.

They ran upstairs as dead zombies as much as a zombie could be dead were laying on the stairs breaking their bones here and there.

Then Jimin fell accidentally pushing Chan-mi down. She winced in the pain that she felt in her leg. Nam-ra with panicked eyes ran to Chan-mi quickly calling wu-jin to help them.

" su-hyeok is down there" Chan-mi cried out in the pain she felt. It wasn't broken because of the way she fell but the pain, for now, was unbearable.

" Su-hyeok is a strong guy you should worry about yourself now Chan-mi,"  Wu-jin told her as he helped her up, supporting her and helping her walk.

" no no you don't understand gwi nam is downstairs too and he doesn't look normal" her voice was shaking so much he haven't seen her as scared as that before she stared at wu-jin and Nam-ra with hopeless scared eyes.

Suddenly she almost collapsed the pain was unbearable. " Chanmi-ah!"

Something in Nam-ra snapped as she started running down the stairs. Wu-jin tried to stop her but she just turned and said " take her to the classroom quickly I will go to Su-hyeok" the next second she disappeared.

Wu-jin stared at Chan-mi helplessly before making her jump on his back when he saw she couldn't jump he crunched down so she could sit as he carried her to the classroom.

***

The first thing Cheong-san did when he saw on-jo was hugged her while the first thing she did was kick him in the ass as she started complaining about how he never listened to her.

"Hey, save the lovers' quarrel for later. We have to get to the roof before the meditation music ends." De-su explained.

Then the doors opened where they saw Wu-jin who carried Chan-mi throws himself on the floor as On-jo and Hyeryong helped Chan-mi stand.

" What happened to you two?"

Chan-mi who felt little less pain in her leg groaned "I fell it hurts so much I almost passed out"

Everyone looked worried if they had an injured person going around the school would be five times harder.

" do you think it is broken?" Cheong-san asked his cousin while crotching down worried if she could make it to the roof, after the little speech he had some expectations from her.

" nope, but half of my leg will be purple tomorrow but I will be able to walk and run in a while" she half-lied. It wasn't broken and she would be able to do all of that but boy it will hurt like hell. She wasn't sure how badly she was hurt.

"Where's Su-hyeok? Su-hyeok isn't here." Chan-mi's eyes searched for a guy she held hands with. She tried to get up but she was too weak for that. No no no her mind got a bit clearer as she remembered that she saw gwi Nam the bully pupet without one eye. Something was off about him.

But there was another person who cared for Su-hyeok as she rushed out of the doors everyone following her.

" on-jo! On-jo stop it!"

" hey don't leave me there!"

De-su was the one who stopped running as he assured her" we will come here for you just wait for a moment"

" yah de-su-ah don't go!" She yelled after him. He left.

Her breathing quickened the silence was eating her. The pain in her leg was suffocating but enough for her to think rationally. She was alone again.

On-jo left after su-hyeok Cheong-san left after on-jo and then everyone else.

Sun-hee was dead.

Gyeong su was dead.

Isak was dead.

All of the emotions she kept inside exploded as hot tears were running down her face. She was scared she was so scared.

For them, it was just a minute of running after on-jo but for Chan-mi being alone for one second was like getting turtured for ten years.

And then she passed out.