chapter thirty

When two soldiers got back Chan-mi felt relieved. During the whole waiting period, her legs kept shaking and she could feel the tension in her feet.

Su-hyeok tried to ease her up " it will be okay they are professionals they know what are they doing" She just noodled too nervous to talk.

"We'll pull you up one at a time. Stay still even if you're scared. Okay?" Chen-mi looked up at the chopper it was high. She now felt almost like puking.

She was afraid of heights.

When she was with Sun-hee she tried her hardest not to show how terrifying was to walk out of the window. But she reminded herself that if she goes there she will get to her friends and will be safe.

A few worried glances were thrown at her by the ones who knew of her trash. She stared at her feet as Su-hyeok took hold of her hand. She looked at him as he gave her another we will be fine gaze.

"You're not landing the chopper?" Jimin asked glancing at Chan-mi.

"We can't. It can get unstable. He's gonna pull you up, so don't worry."

"You can't go all at once, so let's go one by one. We can take all of you, but it has to be one by one."

Chan-mi covered Nam-rat's ears when she noticed her struggling.While the rest of the group decided that Jimin should go first.

Everyone watched as they pulled Jimin up. Suddenly Jimin stopped and she started going down.

"Cancel the operation. We'll take just the package and pull out!"

" what?"Chan-mi's eyes snapped at the soldier who said that.

"I'm coming down," Jimin said confused about what was happening.

"She's... she's coming down! Why is she coming down? What's wrong?" De-su asked confused as they started panicking.

" they are canceling the operation" chan-mi answered trying to register what was happening.

They didn't come for them they had something else from here. So they are leaving them for sake of operation.

" what?" De-su asked her not hearing from chopper noises.

" they are canceling the operation" she yelled so he could hear.

They pushed Hyeryong at them while the girl was screaming about not wanting to get back there. Jimin was now down too as she continued crying why won't they take them with them.

" What is wrong? We are not zombies" joon-yeong cried out.

" are you going to shoot us? After basically leaving us defenseless here, after all, we went through you will kill us now?" Chan-mi asked staring at the soldiers disgusted.

The soldier stated," step back or we will shoot!" He stuttered.

Su-hyeok pulled Chan-mi away from them as she looked at him before backing at the soldiers.

"Wait a minute. You can't even take a few of us with you?" Cheong-san asked glancing at On-jo.

Su-hyeok looked at the girl in his arms. If he can't be saved at least the girl he likes should so he yelled the first thing that came into his mind. " sir she is pregnant at least take her please!"

Everyone looked at him surprised but decided to play along nodding. " please sir!" Cheong-san yelled. 

Chan-mi looked at su-hyeok hissing " what are you doing?"

" saving you"

She didn't want to be separated from them but she knew it was useless to even with these sorts of lies this soldier had someone who supervises him. And that  someone who won't save anyone.

The soldier looked at Chan-mi and Su-hyeok who took a hold of her belly. She pushed his hands off roughly as she glared at him.

The soldier put the gun up as he shoots. Su-hyeok put Chan-mi's head down protecting her.

" sir"

" I am sorry kids," he said before looking at su-hyeok and Chen-mi " take care of her"  he shot up in the sky and flew away.

Chan-mi signed there was no help from their country it seems like now they were left alone. What are few teenagers now supposed to d they have no one to lean on and are left alone.

They watched as the chopper flew away. Chan-mi looked at Su-hyeok anger flowing out of her " what was that? I am pregnant?"

He looked back at her "I tough they might take you with them"

" either all of us get rescued or no one we shouldn't separate," she said as she walked towards Nam-ra leaving him alone.

" he just cares for you he did it because he wants you safe" Nam-ra said to Chan-mi who bit her lip regretting a bit about how she acted to Su-hyeok, but she already walked away. She glanced at him while he helped others.

" that was a bit bitchy of me" she muttered. 

"They abandoned us. Didn't they?" Hyo-Seong said in misery. So close they were so close.

Suddenly Cheong-san started stepping on fire. Chan-mi didn't stop him as he let out his frustration but on-jo tried to stop him.

"It's pointless. No one's coming. No one else is coming." He said as he started to kick him so in.