chapter seven

Chan-mi surprised herself. She could fight.

She never expected this from herself. Chan-mi was a good student who wanted to finish college and pay back to her aunt who took care of her. She was thankful to her aunt and that is why she tried to go through her life without making any trouble and making her aunt worry.

Running through the hallway with zombies behind her she even killed ( she didn't but she hoped ) a few with that sharp piece of glass. She used everything close to her, also she found a tactic as their school was huge there were at least two bathrooms in each hall so she ran from bathroom to bathroom.

She almost got bitten a few times but the jacket protected her from scratches it was a bit soaked. The second she entered the new floor she ran into the bathroom. She crunched down looking if someone was there and there was no one.

The window was brocked and there was a lot of blood.

Closing the door and tieing it with her laces. She fell to the floor taking a break.

" I fucking did that" she never thought she was a fighter yet she somehow is still alive. Then she felt her sore throat and dried lips. Her tired legs trembling and her hands were shaking the adrenaline going down.

She ran to the sink turning it on, she inspected it before drinking some water, as she drank and drank. And also filled her water bottle. She washed her face and stared at her reflection her.

Her lip was bleeding, her hands were full of scratches she quickly put them in the water she had to be careful. Her shoes and socks were wet she could feel them. She had her tie in her pocket as she used to strangle trapped zombies. The jacket she borrowed was scratched too. Her hair was a mess.

She looked like a survivor.

Then she noticed the locked doors of wc. She knocked on it.

" is someone here?" She asked her voice whispering.

She heard crying. Someone was here.

" hey I am not a zombie open the doors please," she said her voice kind and comfortable much more different. Like she was reading a fairy tale.

" l-liar"  it was a girl. She understood why she said that so she wasn't offended, she knew how some people would lie that they weren't bitten not really caring about others safety.

Chan-mi signed " how about this I don't know if you were bitten you don't know if I was bitten. Let's wait for thirty minutes if one of us turns."

" Are you saying you were bitten?" Girl asked.

" no I am not, so I could use some human company I am not good at making friends with zombies" Chan-mi heard a little snort.

" How will you know when thirty minutes passed?" This one was smart.

" I will count"

1

2

3

***

"You talked to On-jo, right? She told Su-hyeok she likes him." Isak sat next to Cheong-san.

Okay, so? Su-Hyeok likes someone else" Cheong-san answered not bothering to look at Isak. Isak looked down, she had her suspicions and now Cheong-san just confirmed it.

" Why don't you go and comfort her? I keep trying, but you know. " he didn't know. He wasn't really in the mood of confronting on-jo because her crush was outside.

" No, forget it."

"Why are you getting annoyed?" Isak asked irritated she is trying to play matchmaker for these two during the apocalypse and this is how they repay her?

"What does it have to be my business who she likes?" He is so stubborn Isak thought.

Never mind. She sighed giving up, aren't people supposed to get closer during the apocalypse? Spent their last moments together not wasting time. Well, these two were opposite.

"On-jo. Don't worry too much. I'm sure Su-hyeok will be just fine. He's a great athlete and super fast." Isak walked up to On-jo who stared out the window. She caught her hand, trying to confront her friend.

" Chan-mi too, she is Cheon-san cosign the stubbornness is in their blood she wouldn't let some zombie kill her!" Isak didn't believe her words, chan-mi was all talk and no fight from her view, but she really was stubborn as hell, maybe now she could use that stubbornness for something good.

"Mm-hm." On-jo blank stared out of the windows listening to birds.

" But... Cheong-san's being super weird. He's so annoying. I think... he's so into you. It's totally obvious! "She tried to change the subject and get some emotion from her best friend.

"I don't think so. He doesn't feel things like that. He's too busy teasing me all the time. " On-jo stopped looking at the window when she realized that Isak's hand was really cold. It felt like he was holding a corpse. 

"I ask. Why are you so cold? So cold? Your hand is really..." She takes a look at her, seeing her nose bleeding. 

"What about my hand?" Isak asked her confused looking at her hand.

"Are you... Really. "

"I wasn't bitten. I mean it. I wasn't bitten. "

She was bitten.