chapter thirty two

Chan-mi froze, mum? Her aunt? On-jo noticed the girl wasn't moving as she pushed Cheong-san down. Su-hyeok stood up as De-su pushed the zombie away and started beating it.

Cheong-san leaned his body on the truck as Chan-mi put his arm over his shoulder trying to help him get up " Cheong-san is that-"

" stop it!" He yelled at De-Su and Joon who were trying to get rid of the zombies. He climbed over the truck pushing Chan-mi away as Su-hyeok caught her.

Her eyes watered at the scene in front of her. Her aunt and mom were beaten up by De-Su and Joon. Cheong-san ran and pushed De-Su away before punching him in the face.

Chan-mi started crying as she saw her mum's kind brown eyes were now turned into bloodshed red. She put her hand on her mouth trying to keep quiet even if it was useless.

Someone covered her eyes but it was useless. She could still hear everything You son of a bitch! The metal punching her mom shrieks.

She touched the person who was covering her eyes arm " su-hyeok stop Cheong-san he will get us all killed" she whispered as she now could see Su-hyeok holding Cheong-san down.

Nam-ra rushed to her side taking her hand as she watched as Cheogn-san tried to get out of his grip before he fell to the floor. On-jo came to his left side trying to get him to move.

" They are coming," Nam-ra said as they saw zombies coming closer.

" Hurry!" De-su yelled as they started running to the path.

Chan-mi gave one last glance at her mom she was so thankful for everything she did and she already knew their mum's last wish to keep Cheong-san safe.

"Cheong-san, please. Come with us." On-jo cried out as Cheong-san keep calling his mum's name.

Chan-mi rushed to his side " get up idiot you will die here" Chan-mi said as tears rushed down her face. She helped on-jo and su-hyeok pull him up as they carried him.

Chan-mi turned back where she saw nam-ra struggling she collapsed on the girl's hand. " 756 757" she counted as she pushed the other girl through the rain.

" 758 759" Nam-ra continued counting as they got next to others. Together then ran inside of school gym.

Chan-mi threw a confused gaze at the group that joined them but she didn't say anything. When her eyes returned upfront she noticed Nam-ra panicking.

" What is wrong?" She whispered to her friend.

" run" thunder rumbled revealing zombies in the gym that they couldn't see in the dark. The group started running inside of gym supplies room as zombies started rushing in.

One of the new groups was dragged in as she cried out her name. Chan-mi couldn't quite hear what she guessed was her boyfriend as she cried.

Chan-mi looked at Hari in suprisement but didn't say anything not wanting to make any sound.

She tried to calm down her breathing as Hyeryong leaned on her and Nam-ra exhausted. Chan-mi looked at Su-hyeok who let out exhale when he spotted her.

De-su then came closer to Cheong-san. "I'm... so sorry. I didn't know she was your mom. I'm sorry."

Cheong-san was satin wide-eyed at nothing. He then fell crying he lost his mum. " she was-is chan-mi mum too"

Everyone's eyes went to the other girl who got reminded. She crouched down on her knees not sitting as she covered her face with her hands crying too.

Hyeryong hugged her as she leaned her head on her shoulder. Nam-ra caught the girl's hand as she drew circles " 1078 1079" Nam-ra started counting.

" 1080 1081" Chan-mi continued as her cries slowly got down.

" 1082 1083" Cheong-san joined as others joined soon. They counted until 5039 until everyone fell asleep.

***
The next morning Nam-ra stared at the window, as Chan-mi and Su-hyeok exchanged a glance. "What is it? Do you see something?"

"The smell is stronger. I think they're all coming this way. The smell is really strong" She said as she turned at them. Chan-mi signed as she closed her eyes leàning on Su-hyeok they are fucked.

"Doesn't matter. We're all trapped in here for good now. And there's no way to get out." Joon said as they all got reminded that no one is coming to save them anymore.

"Ha-ri.You didn't fail in the preliminaries, did you?" Wu-jin asked his sister.

"No. I did well." She answered.

"Your tournament. What happened? Why did you come to the school?"

"You're her brother? She got a perfect score, so she made it to nationals. I saw her." The girl that Chan-mi saw for the first time.

" good job" chan-mi clapped as Hari gave her a good. Su-hyeok looked at her and as her if she knew Hari fo what girl answered positively. Hari was her idol. She was so cool.

"No way. Really? You're really in the nationals? Mom and Dad don't know? "

"Bro, how could they now? Look around. She jumped out of the archery bus and ran to the school to find you. Kid. You are good to her. And to me too." Said the girl.

Wu-jin whispered something to her she glanced at the other girl " my friend"

Yeah. We're freaking besties." She turned around as she jumped surprised to see desu staring at hari." You scared me. What's your deal?"

De-su didn't even turn to the other girl as he kept gazing at Hari with heartstruck eyes. "I...  I think you're the perfect girl."

An amusing smile grew on Chan-mi's face as she hit Su-hyeok with her hand making him finally pay attention to the conversation.

" I watched you when you were shooting your arrows, I saw your train every morning. I went to every tournament and cheered for you. Caught myself yelling "copper beauty" a few times. I liked you for many years."

" Now... I wanna be a man, not just a fan. I'm gonna die, anyway. I just wanna say what I want first." He let out an exhale after admitting his love.

"Cool. You're Dae-su, right? You call my brother "brother-in-law"?" Hari asked.

"Yeah. So that means you knew. Brother-in-law, you told her?" De-su asked Wu-jin.

" Yeah, I might have" wu-jin winked at him and chuckled.

And like that Hari started beating up the lather as he hid behind balls while wu-jin kept hyping his sister to saying he deserves a good beating.

"Get over here, dear husband," Hari called him.

" don't you understand I like you!"