chapter twenty nine

What the hell is with that Gwi-name kid? You said he got bitten."

"I don't know. It looks like he became something different." Said Cheong-san as he got reminded how Gwi nam was trying to choke him.

" I don't think he can die," Su- hyeok muttered.

" he is like a cockroach" Chan-mi commented as Su-hyeok wrapped a hand around her shoulder making her lean on him.

"What if he climbs back up here? He's bad enough... but to be honest, I'm scared of Nam-ra too. You saw her fighting before." Jimin said as she looked at Nam-ra.

"Well... I think it's reasonable to assume they're both half-bies... "

"Are you okay, Nam-ra? You won't do that to us, right?" Jimin asked unsurely as she looked at Nam-ra.

" Would you believe me if I said that I wouldn't?" Nam-ra answered. Chen-mi agreed with her they saw her fighting and it can't be erased Jimin can imagine anything she wants from it.

"Why do you have to say it that way? Can you at least try to make us believe you? We're going to be together anyway." Jimin sighed.

"... I've never done anything but study. I don't think I was naive, I think I was a coward. I was too scared my grades would drop and my mom would get mad.

So I didn't do anything. I was too scared to make friends. My mom would always ask me what rank they were in class, what their parents did, and how big their house was never thought I'd get a chance to sit around a fire with all of you like this.

It's nice. It's my first time. If we somehow manage to get out of here. I hope we could make a fire... and hang out like this again. I hope we can do that."

Chan-mi smiled at Nam-ra proud she was opening up to them. She knew that Nam-ra couldn't go against her mother but she didn't know her mum kept her from living freely.

"Sure, let's do it. If anyone wants to make a fire... we can all get together." On-jo agreed as she looked at Nam-ra who let out a small smile.

" Did you just smile? Super awkward." Des chuckled.

" God, come on." Hyeryong signed.

"What now? What?" De-su looked at her annoyed.

"Why don't you two just date already? You guys are so annoying." Wu-jin asked with a smile.

"Are you crazy?" "Psycho."

"Something is going between them hundred present" chan-mi whispered to Su-hyeok.

" I agree" He whispered back as they fell into their conversation.

Wu-jin caught their action as he eyed them suspiciously " you been really touchy lately did something happen."

Su-hyeok looked at Chan-mi who looked down when Wu-jin asked her. " don't go shy on me" he said to her kissing her cheek.

" shut up" she muttered.

Others looked wide-eyed at their action as Cheong-san looked at them disgusted. " dude why out of all people did you have to like my cousin?"

Chan-mi looked at him " you like my friend and you don't see me complaining do you?"

" she was my friend first-"

" she liked me more-"

"Hold on. Did you hear that?" Nam-ra stopped the pair from arguing.

Not again Nam-Ra's super senses were creeping everyone out. What was this time a flying zombie? They wouldn't be surprised.

"No, what is it?"

"Listen."

Chan-mi couldn't hear anything but it is seen like her cousin could he stood up and walked towards the railing.

" Hold on. I hear a helicopter." Everyone walked towards the railing as they saw a chopper flying.

"Hey, right here!"

" Here, here!" De-su took a lighted stick as he waved with him. Everyone was screaming and waving. Then the chopper started going down.

We are going to get saved

Su-hyeok hugged Chan-mi as he sups her around. They are going to be safe. Cheong-san even hugged her they will see their mum again. Everyone was exchanging hugs, even De-Su hugged Hyeryong who pushed him away even if her eyes looked a bit surprised.

Chan-mi noticed Nam-ra, she was a bit worried for her as she took her hands " cover your eye, we will be safe soon"

" I am not sure," Nam-ra said but Chan-mi didn't hear her from the chopper noise. Nam-ra was sure the chopper wasn't here for them, the one who was sent on the rescue mission went away so why did they come here again?

"Get down. All of you." Soldiers came down from the chopper as they pointed the gun at them. Chan-mi stood in front of Nam-ra covering the other girl.

"Sir. Can you please help us?" De-su asked quietly as the soldier pointed his gun at him.

" Face down on the ground! Get down" soldiers ordered as they slowly got down on their knees staring at the floor.

"Nine survivors confirmed. Checking temperatures now." With some advice, they pointed at their forehead.

"I think they're checking if we're zombies," Su-hyeok whispered to her as she glanced at Nam-ra worriedly as the raven-haired girl covered her eye.

" clear" he checked Chan-mi and Su-hyeok two let out exhales, before going to Nam-ra " Temperature is 34.5. Providing a warming blanket."

"One has hypothermia. The rest are normal." Another soldier said. Before glanic8ng at the group "You can get up now."

Su-hyeok pulled Chan-mi up as the girl turned to her best friend pulling her up and checking on her.

"Are you the only survivors?" 9ne of the soldiers asked them.

" We don't know. There are probably others." Cheong-san replied.

"We're going down for a few minutes. Wait right here."

" Aren't you not gonna rescue us?" Jimin pushed forwards looking at them desperately.

"Yes, we will. So don't go anywhere. Don't do anything. Just wait here."

"Understand?" He asked them as they noodled.

" Let's go."

***

Weee lets goo I am so exicted to publish whole book