Family Ties

Gracie holds her dad's hand as he takes her round to Elena's, Stefan rings the bell and Elena opens it "Hi

Gracie holds her dad's hand as he takes her round to Elena's, Stefan rings the bell and Elena opens it "Hi." Stefan smiles. Elena drags him into the house, Gracie running over to Elena's Aunt Jenna as Elena and her dad kiss "Hi." Elena tells Stefan. "Aunt Jenna, you alright to look after Gracie for a little?" Elena asks her Aunt. "Of course, how about we make cookies?" Jenna suggests. Gracie nods "Yes pwease." she smiles. "Com on then." Jenna smiles, taking the girl's hand and leading her to the kitchen. Jenna lifts Gracie onto the counter "What cookies would you like to make?" she asks. "Can we make chocwot?" Gracie responds. "Chocolate it is. They're my favourite." Jenna agrees. "Me too!" Gracie smiles.

Gracie sits in her dad's arms as they enter the boarding house, finding Damon holding Zach by his throat "What's going on?" Stefan asks making Damon drop Zach. "Having a family moment, Stefan. Spending some quality time." Damon responds, leaving the room. "Hey, are you okay?" Stefan asks Zach. "No, I'm not. And neither are you. How many more people have to die before you see that?" Zach tells him. "I see it. All right, Zach, I see it." Stefan responds, shifting Gracie slightly in his arms. "Then why aren't you doing anything about it?" Zach asks. "I can't, Zach. I can't. It would take human blood. It's the only way that I could stop him, and I can't do that." Stefan tells him. "The vervain could weaken him if he ingested it. It would help get you the upper hand." Zach suggests. "Vervain hasn't grown here since 1865. Damon saw to that. The little I had, I gave to Elena. What?" Stefan asks, noticing the look on Zach's face. Zach leads them into the cellar where there's vervain growing behind a wall "You've been growing it." Stefan remarks. "It's just something that's been passed down through the generations. Blood only runs so deep when you're related to vampires. Damon would kill me if he knew that I had it." Zach tells him. "But you're telling me. Why?" Stefan asks. "Because I trust you. And you're gonna need it if you want to get rid of him." Zach responds.

The next day Gracie sits colouring while her dad gets ready for the founders party "Do they still wear ties at this thing?" Damon asks

The next day Gracie sits colouring while her dad gets ready for the founders party "Do they still wear ties at this thing?" Damon asks. "Why are you even going?" Stefan questions. "It's only fitting. We were at the very first one, remember?" Damon tells him. "I think it's better if we don't draw attention to ourselves." Stefan responds. "So you should stay here. I'll see to it Elena has a good time. My goodness, I've driven you to drink." Damon says as Stefan pours himself a drink. "Can't seem to rid myself of you. What else am I supposed to do, besides go about living my life?" Stefan asks. "Go about living my life. See, therein lies your eternal struggle. You're dead, dude. Get over it. What do you think?" Damon asks, showing his tie. Gracie frowns and changes the pencil she's using "It's cool not growing old. I like being the eternal stud." Damon smiles. "Yes, being a 150-year-old teenager has been the height of my happiness." Stefan says sarcastically. "You cracked a funny, Stefan. I should have a drink to celebrate. 1864. You and Katherine were the perfect couple. It was hell watching you dance with her." Damon tells him. "My happiness was short-lived, as you well know." Stefan retorts. "I remember. I left the party early, I was waiting for her. The night you dropped her off, I was waiting just inside. You were such a gentleman, gave her a kiss on the cheek. And what she really wanted was...Oh, well. Here's to history repeating itself, huh?" Damon says, lifting the drink and dumping it as he smells the vervain in it "I admire your effort, Stefan. Pouring yourself a drink then spiking the bottle with vervain. I'm not some drunk sorority chick. You can't roofie me. But I can't help but feel a little used. I thought we were having a moment. I have to go to the party angry. Who knows what I'll do?" he says, walking out. Gracie looks up and shows her dad the picture "Look daddy! It you, me and Elena, can I give it to her later?" she asks. "I think she'd really like that Gracie. It looks amazing." Stefan smiles, kissing her head.