Bloodlines

Gracie sits on her dad's bed as he calls Elena's phone, getting Damon instead "Elena's phone

Gracie sits on her dad's bed as he calls Elena's phone, getting Damon instead "Elena's phone...!" he greets. "Where is she? Why do you have her phone? Is she okay?" Stefan asks. "Elena? She's right here. And, yes, she's fine." Damon responds. "Where are you? Let me speak to her." Stefan tells him. "He wants to talk to you. Yeah. I don't...I don't really think she wants to talk to you right now." Damon explains. "Damon, I swear to God, if you touch her..." Stefan starts. "You have a good day. Mm-hmm. Bye-now." Damon cuts him off, hanging up. Stefan looks irritated, making Gracie run over and hug his leg. Smiling, Stefan picks her up "I'm alright Gracie." he tells her, kissing her forehead.

Stefan heads to the school with Gracie, heading over to Bonnie when they spots her "Bonnie." he greets. "Stefan..." Bonnie trails off. "Hey." Stefan smiles. "Hi." Bonnie responds. "I haven't seen you lately. How are you doing with everything?" Stefan asks. "I'm fine. It's all fine." Bonnie tells him. "Good. Yeah." Stefan nods. "Are you back in school?" Bonnie asks him. "No. Actually I came here to find you. I was hoping you could help me with something. A spell." Stefan responds. "Stefan, look, I know Elena's okay with all of this, and I appreciate what you did to help me. But I'm not really ready to dive into it with you just yet." Bonnie tells him. "I understand that. But I need your help. It's Elena. She's with Damon. I have Elena's necklace. I was just hoping you could use this to make some sort of a connection. I just need to know that she's okay." Stefan explains. "How do you know I can do this?" Bonnie asks as they sit at a table. "Because I've known a few witches over the years. I've seen what they can do." Stefan responds. "I'm still new at it." Bonnie tells him. "It's okay. Give it a shot." Stefan smiles. "Okay. All right." Bonnie nods, taking the necklace, closing her eyes to try and make something happen. "There's nothing. Nothing's happening. Usually there's an image or...tell me if anyone's looking." Bonnie says. "Okay." Stefan nods. Bonnie picks up a leaf and tries to make it float, nothing happening "What is it?" Stefan asks. "Something's wrong." Bonnie responds. "With Elena?" he asks. "With me. There's something wrong with me. I have to go. I'm sorry, Stefan. I can't help you." Bonnie says, grabbing her stuff and walking off.

Stefan tries calling Elena again "Elena, is that you?" he asks as someone picks up. "I'm here." Elena responds. "Where are you?" Stefan asks. "You lied." Elena tells him. "Not until I explain, please." Stefan pleads. "So, you didn't lie?" Elena asks. "Just tell me where you are, so that I can come get you." Stefan tells her. "How am I connected to Katherine, Stefan?" Elena questions. "I honestly don't know." Stefan responds. "And I'm supposed to believe that?" Elena asks. "It's the truth. I-- Listen..." Stefan tries, being cut off as Elena hangs up on him. Stefan sighs and picks up Gracie, kissing her head "Let's go see if we can find Bonnie." he tells her.

Gracie sits in Stefan's arms as walks up a porch and knocks on the door, Bonnie's Grams opening the door "Hi." Stefan greets. "Can I help you?" Grams asks. "I'm Stefan. I'm a friend of Bonnie's. Her dad told me that she might be here." Stefan responds, shaking her hand. "She was. Not anymore." Grams responds. "Do you know where she went?" Stefan asks. "No. But you do." Grams tells him. "I'm sorry?" Stefan frowns. "I told her to face down her fear. And I'm sensing now that you know exactly why she was scared. You know what I am. And yet you offered me your hand, which means you wanted me to see that I can trust you." Grams explains. "Can you?" Stefan asks. "I trust you'll keep her safe. You'd better be on your way, then. I'm not going to invite you in. I'm sure you understand why." Grams responds.