The Sun Also Rises

Gracie sits in front of Caroline as the blonde plaits her hair "So you've got a vampire and werewolf ready?" Stefan asks Klaus

Gracie sits in front of Caroline as the blonde plaits her hair "So you've got a vampire and werewolf ready?" Stefan asks Klaus. "Yes, they're waiting in the wings. All we need now is the doppelgänger." Klaus nods. Caroline finishes plaiting Gracie's hair for her "There we go Little Protégé." she tells her. "Thank you Care." Gracie smiles, jumping up and running over to Kol. Smiling, Kol picks her up "Don't you look pretty?" he smiles. "I could lure her somewhere." Caroline suggests, talking about Elena. "How?" Stefan asks. "Tell her that I need her help, when she meets me Klaus can grab her." Caroline shrugs. "That'd work." Damon nods, walking in with Lexi. Gracie smiles at them from Kol's arms "You'd do that?" Klaus asks Caroline. "Yeah, she's not the girl I grew up with. Bonnie and I came to that conclusion last night. The girl we knew wouldn't have hurt anyone, let alone a child." Caroline responds. "Get her to meet you at the park, it'll be quiet this time of day." Damon tells Caroline, who nods. "I'll go call her now." she says. Stefan looks over and smiles when he sees Gracie playing with Kol's hair "Being a hair stylist?" he asks her. "Uh huh, I doing Papa Kol's hair." she smiles.

As night falls Gracie wraps herself round Klaus' legs, not wanting him to go "Hey, I'll be back before you know it." Klaus tells her, crouching down to her level. "But I wanna go too." Gracie responds, her bottom lip wobbling. "I know, but you'll be safer here. Besides, if you come with me who's going to stop Kol eating all the ice cream?" Klaus asks her. Gracie sniffles and nods "Otay but back soon?" she asks. "Promise." he tells her, putting out his pinkie. Smiling slightly, Gracie links her pinkie with his "Pwomise." she nods. Klaus smiles and kisses her forehead "I'll be back as soon as I can." he tells her. Gracie nods and hugs him round the neck, making him smile and pick her up. Klaus passes Gracie over to Kol who smiles "See you soon, Brother." he tells him. Klaus nods and leaves "Okay, want to watch Stitch and eat ice cream?" Kol asks Gracie. "Stitch!" Gracie grins, making Kol chuckle as he carries her up to her room. "You stay here, I'll be right back with the ice cream." Kol tells her, speeding out to get the ice cream.

As the second Lilo and Stitch movie ends, Kol looks down to see Gracie asleep on his chest. Gently moving her onto the bed, he covers her with her blankets before grabbing the empty ice cream container and leaving. Walking downstairs, he finds Damon and Lexi on the sofa watching tv "Princess finally asleep?" Damon asks. "Yeah, heard anything from Bekah or Stefan?" Kol responds, sitting in one of the armchairs. "Not since they messaged to say that they'd got the vampire." Lexi responds. "They're probably having time to themselves." Kol says. "Most likely." Damon nods. Just then the door opens and a dark wolf walks in, looking at them before going upstairs. Looking at each other, the three of them speed after it and find it curling protectively round a sleeping Gracie "I see we were correct with our assumption." Elijah quietly remarks from behind them. "That's Nik's wolf?" Kol asks. "Yes, as soon as he turned he sped off in this direction. We followed, guessing his wolf's protective instincts about Gracie kicked in." Finn nods. Gracie shifts slightly curling into Klaus' wolf form, her hand gently grabbing his fur "Let's leave them to it, Gracie is safe from all harm with him here." Elijah says.

The next morning, Gracie walks downstairs with Klaus' wolf alongside her "Morning Baby." Rebekah smiles. "Morning Mummy. Unca Nik is still wolfie." Gracie smiles, stroking Klaus' fur. "I can see. Why don't you go colour while I make you breakfast?" Rebekah tells her. "Otay Mummy." Gracie smiles, running into the living room with Klaus close behind her. "I'm not going to ask." Stefan chuckles, walking down the stairs. Rebekah smiles and gives him a gently kiss "She's part of his pack, he's naturally drawn to her when he's in wolf form." she tells him. Stefan smiles "She's most definitely the most protected little girl in history." he tells her. "That she is." Rebekah agrees, leading Stefan into the kitchen.

A/N: Short but I wanted to give you all something.