Haunted

Stefan runs to the school where Vicki is attacking Tyler, putting Gracie down to the side he pulls her off of him "Aah! Let go of me!" she shouts. Damon appears, subconsciously looking to Grace before helping Stefan "What's going on here, Stefan? What's wrong with her?" Tyler asks. "You don't talk." Damon tells him. "Screw you, dude." Tyler retorts. "'Dude"? Really? 'Dude'?" Damon questions. "Damon, don't!" Stefan tells him. "Oh come on. Who's gonna miss this idiot?" Damon asks. Tyler hits Damon "Ooh! Don't you hurt him." Vicki shouts. Damon grabs Tyler by the throat "Forget what you saw here tonight. None of us were here." he compels, throwing Tyler to the ground before picking Gracie up and running back to the Boarding House with Stefan and Vicki. Gracie holds onto Damon's jacket, putting her head on his shoulder as she begins to doze off "Stefan, Princess is getting sleepy." Damon tells Stefan, motioning to the four year old in his arms. "Can you get her to bed?" Stefan asks. Damon nods and carries his niece up to her room and tucking her into bed, smiling as Gracie cuddles into her blanket.

The next day, Gracie sits on her dad's lap as he, Damon and Vicki talk "I don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here

The next day, Gracie sits on her dad's lap as he, Damon and Vicki talk "I don't understand why I have to stay cooped up here. Why can't I just go home?" Vicki asks. "Because you're changing, Vicki, and it's not something you wanna do alone." Stefan tells her. "There's nothin' about that Logan guy I killed in here. Not a word. Someone's covering it up." Damon says, closing the paper and holding the vampire compass. "What is that?" Vicki asks. "This is a very special, very old compass. What was Logan Fell doing with it? Aren't you curious?" Damon questions. "Well, if you're so worried that somebody's onto you, why don't you just leave town, Damon?" Stefan suggests. "We should all be worried. Especially with Princess on your lap." Damon responds, motioning to Gracie who is playing with Stefan's ring. "Hey, um, I'm hungry. Do you have anything to eat?" Vicki asks. "Here." Stefan says, handing her a cup. "What is it?" she asks. "It's what you're craving." he tells her. "Heh. Don't lie to the girl. It's so not what you're craving, but it'll do in a pinch, right, Stef?" Damon says, going through the paper more. "What is it?" Vicki repeats. "Yeah, what is it? Is it a skunk? Saint Bernard? Bambi?" Damon asks. "Go on. Give it a try." Stefan tells Vicki. "She's new. She needs people blood. She can't sustain on that stuff." Damon tells his brother. "Yeah, why can't I have people blood?" Vicki asks, drinking some of the animal blood.

"Yeah." Damon nods. "Because it's wrong to pray on innocent people, Vicki." Stefan tells her. "You don't have to kill to feed. Just find someone really tasty and then erase their memory after wards. It's so easy." Damon counters. "No, no, no. There's no guarantee that you can control yourself, okay? It takes years to learn that. You could easily kill somebody, and then you have to carry that with you for the rest of your life, which, if I haven't made clear, is eternity." Stefan points out. "Don't listen to him. He walks on a moral plane way out of our eye line. I say snatch, eat, erase." Damon tells Vicki. "Hey, look at me. We choose our own path. Our values and our actions, they define who we are." Stefan tells her. "Okay, count deepak. I am outta here." Damon tells them. "Can I have some more?" Vicki asks, licking her fingers.