ძ᥆ 𝗍һᥱᥡ kᥒ᥆ᥕ і𝗍s ᥴһrіs𝗍mᥲs 𝗍іmᥱ 𑁍

Ruby laughed as her sister in law danced around the house to the music that was blairing.

"This is it boys this is war. What are we waiting for?!" She sang along with Ruby.

Judah laughed at them as Ruben sat on the porch listening to different music. Ruby walked outside and sat beside him

"You okay?" She asked

"Yeah, just thinking."

"About?"

"The future. What'll happen if the devil herself shows up"

"Then we stick together. Like we have always done" Ruby smiled as she held his hand. He returned the smile before standing up and pulling her up with him.

"Are your mates coming by tomorrow?" Charlie asked

"I think so. Didyme and the kings will be coming as well."

"Thats fine. Now lets get going to the church"

Ruby got in her car and drove with her dad and niece to the church. They wanted to go to the midnight service.

Ruby smiled as Edward walked over to her. He pecked her lips as they went inside

Ruby loved christmas hymns. There was something about them that made her feel light and happy

"Star of wonder, star of light

Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to Thy perfect light
Guide us to Thy perfect light"

She sang loudly as the song ended. Edward smiled as her angelic voice filled the echoey church.

When she got home, she headed up to bed where Edward sat with a book.

She smiled and went to change. She came back and curled into his embrace.

"You have such a beautiful voice." Edward smiled at her.

"Thanks. Hey, you guys and the volturi should come over tomorrow, you know, celebrate." Ruby suggested. Edward nodded.

"I'll tell them tomorrow, but you get some sleep, you can barely keep your eyes open." He said as he watched her close her eyes.

5:30 was the time when her niece burst into the room with a grumpy Judah.

"Ruby It's Christmas day!"

"That it is sweet girl. Come on. Let's go open some presents" she smiled while Judah stared at Edward as the girls passed, Judah stopped him.

"Mate or not. You or any of your family hurt her in any way, I will rip you apart and set you on fire, along with your house and cars. Understand?"

"Yes, I understand." Judah smirked and they walked downstairs, where a tired looking Charlie, Ruben and Chelsea sat. Ruby was great with children. She could always match their energy and she was very gentle.  It was something that Edward and her other mates adored.

She beamed as her niece opened her gifts.

"The new Ballerina Barbie! Thank you Auntie Ruby

"You are very welcome sweetheart" Ruby smiled and handed her gift to her dad.

Charlie laughed as he opened his gift and saw a bobble head of himself with a fishing rod and police hat.

"Thanks love" he chuckled.

After the gift exchange, Edward ran home to his family.

Chelsea, Judah and Ruby migrated to the kitchen and got everything ready for the Christmas dinner, they laughed as Charlie was falling asleep then being woken up by Lilyana.

Ruben ended up sitting in the kitchen, eating some of the food and being scolded by their older brother.

Around elevenish, Harry Clearwater, Sue and the kids came round. Ruby greeted them all with a kiss on the cheek as well as giving them their gifts. Harry smiled as Ruby told her that her mates were coming, but he frowned upon hearing who they were.

"If they even try and hurt you, I'll have to whip out my Kung Fu" he laughed.

Sue smiled as she handed out her Christmas cookies. Leah hugged her friend while Seth complained about being to warm.

Around two hours later, Harry and Jacob showed up. Rachel and Rebecca were spending Christmas in Hawaii with Rebecca's husband.

Billy grinned as he saw his extended family all smiling and laughing. Ruby got pictures of everyone laughing and dancing.

Around three o'clock the table was set and everyone was seated.

They each held hands as Charlie said Grace.

Immediately after, everyone began to tuck in to their dinner, Ruby eating her vegan roast. Curiosity got the best of Seth and he, with permission from Ruby, tried some of her vegan stuffing. He had to spit it out.

"That's gross."

"No it's not"

"Your tastebuds are broken." He said

"Or maybe they've gotten used to having vegan food" she shrugged. Seth laughed as the family bantered back and forth.

At one point they were insulting each other, then they were making bets as to which one of the teenagers would get married first, Ruby was first, then Jacob, Leah, Ruben and Seth.

"So do any of yous have plans for when you finish school?" Judah asked

"Probably College for the Arts in Seattle." Ruby said with a shrug

"Oh for Ballet?" Chelsea asked

"You still dance?" Harry and Billy asked

"Yeah. She is the best in the class. Better than Valerie Coleman"

"You think?" Ruby asked her friend

"Yeah. All of our teachers want you to get a teachers degree in dance"

"Oh I wish" she scoffed

"You should, Red. Your an amazing dancer. Besides I know a certain girl who wants to dance" Judah smiled and nudged Lilyana.

"You wanna be a dancer?" Ruby asked her niece, who nodded her head.

"Yeah. Like in the barbie movies. I wanna be like Odette"

Leah and Ruby looked to each other, knowing the sad truth of the real Ballet.

"Well you should start classes" Leah smiled

A few hours later, the Cullens, Kings and Didyme turned up. The wolves were a bit standoffish, but once they were in the house, they were all greeting each other.

Music was blaring throughout the house as everyone danced. Emmett span Alice and Rosalie under his arms as Caius spoke to Harry and Billy about the mutual hate for Lycans. Ruby danced with Carlisle and Esme while Edward and Charlie laughed about a joke and Jasper and Ruben were head banging to it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

The swan household was full with pure joy, not knowing that soon,, their lives would completely change.