ᥡ᥆ᥙᥣᥣ ⍴ᥲᥡ 𝖿᥆r 𝗍һᥲ𝗍 іᥒᥱ ᥣі𝗍𝗍ᥣᥱ rᥱძ𑁍

Ruby was sitting with Ruben at her car, a can of redbull in her hand as she waited on her mates, Ruben was talking about some guy that he wanted to fight. His twin was only half paying attention, she yawned, catching the attention of her brother

"Am I boring you?" he asked

"No, I'm just tired." She insisted as she saw Alice's car pull up. She smiled at them and saw Emmets Jeep. She felt her heart pang and watched as Edward stepped out of the car. She squealed happily and ran away from her brother and over to the vampire, who smiled as he saw th redhead running towards him.

"Eddie" She grinned and jumped into his arms.

"It has been a week, my love."

"Don't care. too long." She said, clinging to him and kissing him.

"Want to blow off school?" She asked. Edward gave a disapproving look

"Fine, but i am not leaving your side"

"Wouldn't have it any other way"

Carlisle frowned at the sight of Ruby. She had apparently not been herself all day. Alice had said that she has been rejecting any sort of affection and for some reason, Edward couldn't read her mind. He was worried. Since they met Ruby, she loved to have some sort of contact with them, but something had shifted this.

Ruby was curled up on the sofa doing her homework.

"Ruby, love" Carlisle spoke. She looked up at him.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." She said and smiled

"You have been really quiet."

"I know, I'm just observing." She smiled as Jasper sat beside her.

"Wanna hug?"

"Not just now, Jasy" She said as she closed her eyes over.

"I'll go make you a tea. History stresses you out" Jasper said and sped off to the kitchen.

A few hours later, Ruby was tossing and turning in Edwards bed. She was having a nightmare. Something she hadn't had in a long time.

She had woken up screaming. In an instant, her mates were beside her.

"What happened?" Alice asked, touching her head.

"He was- He was there" She said getting out of the bed an walking to the window, looking through the trees.

"Who?" Esme asked.

"Raphael?" Edward asked. Ruby flinched at the name and looked to her mate.

"How do you-"

"Your first day at school, you mentioned him in your thoughts. Rafael hurt you, didn't he Red?"

"Stop saying his name. Please" She said as tears formed in her eyes.

Rosalie walked to Ruby and hugged her tightly.

"I see the signs clear as day. He violated you, didn't he?" Rosalie asked, her voice and eyes soft.

Ruby nodded and broke down. Her mates surrounding her and purring to calm her down. Emmett picked her up and took her to his and roses room. Rose held Ruby in her arms, kissing her head as she fell into a dreamless sleep.

Downstairs, Carlisle was pacing around, his eyes black. Esme was composing herself well, though the thought of anyone hurting her Ruby made her shake with rage.

"Let me get this straight. You heard through Ruby's thoughts that someone had abused her and you never told us?" Carlisle asked Edward

"If she wanted us to know, she would have told us!" Edward protested. Carlisle sneered angrily