Chapter 23: Wishes

Lu Ming followed Chen Ziqiu into the luxurious ward.

The first thing he saw was an old man with gray hair sitting on the bed. Only his eyes were bright and clear.

1

“Thank you for saving me, young man.”

He turned to look at Lu Ming and said gently.

He still remembered that he had originally planned to meet up with his driver, but he was knocked down when he was walking on the pedestrian crossing and almost lost his life. Fortunately, this young man got out of his car in time and brought him to emergency. Then he successfully sent him into the examination room despite opposition from others.

2

If not for this young man, he would probably be long gone.

As he thought about this, his attitude became friendlier. “Young man, my name is Tang Mingkun. What is your name?”

4

“My name is Lu Ming, Mr. Tang.”

Who wouldn’t like someone with a good attitude?

Lu Ming curled the corners of his lips and asked, “How do you feel now? Do you feel uncomfortable anywhere?”

“I’m fine now. I can even get off the bed and run a few rounds. Oh right, I heard that you waived my medical fees? How can I let you do that? You’re my lifesaver. It wouldn’t be right if I didn’t give you something, right?”

Tang Mingkun asked.

“Not only did he save me, but he does not want my medical fees. Nowadays, it’s unusual to meet such kind people,” he thought.

Lu Ming shook his head and said, “I don’t lack money now. Besides, I saved you out of goodwill. I just don’t want an old person to die for no reason.”

The more Tang Mingkun looked at him, the more pleased he was.

In today’s society, there were people who were cold and ruthless. There were many instances of kindhearted people who helped the elderly but were, in turn, blackmailed by the elderly instead.

So many passers-by avoided the old man when he was lying on the ground as they were afraid that they would be implicated.

Tang Mingkun thought it was unusual to find such a warm-hearted and kind young man like Lu Ming.

“Come over and let me take a look at you,” he said.

Although Lu Ming did not know what the other party wanted to do, he knew he would not harm him. So he walked over.

Tang Mingkun looked at him for a while before raising his arm and rubbing his head.

“What a good boy.”

4

This action reminded Lu Ming of his mother. In the past, his mother would often stroke his head and praise him for being promising.

At this thought, his eyes reddened slightly.

Tang Mingkun seemed to have read his thoughts. “Good children deserve more rewards.”

He lowered his hand and looked toward the door, “Ah Er, come in.”

Right away, a burly man with an honest look walked in. He handed Lu Ming the luxurious gift in his hands. “Thank you, Mr. Lu, for saving my master. This is a greeting gift. Please accept it.”