Lead the Way

Summary: When Tara finds Unit Chief Emily in her hotel room at night, they need to figure out who really is in charge

Pairing: Emily Prentiss x Tara Lewis

Category: Smut, Fluff

Content Warnings: (18+, minors DNI!) boss/subordinate relationship, mild dom/sub undertones (Dom!Tara, Sub!Emily), thigh grinding, fingering, oral

Word count: 2.4k

____________________

There were many aspects about Emily Prentiss to be admired. Her elegance and beauty would take anyone's breath away who wasn't already intimidated by her wit and strength. One could even go as far as to liken her to beings too perfect to be mundane. It was a facade she had built over the years, constantly concealing any cracks to hinder anyone to see right through her.

Anyone but me.

She wouldn't let me in at first, keeping me at an arm's length away to make sure I wouldn't see any vulnerability oozing out. Patiently I lingered and waited for her to be ready until I helped her take her walls down little by little. By gaining her trust I held a privilege I would never dare to compromise.

The first time she let me see a flawed version of herself created an intimacy between us that let my heart swell. Aware of the fact that she hadn't allowed many people to come this close, I was adamant in showing her that her weak points were not imperfections at all, they were proof that she was human.

While my heart grew fonder of her every day, the tension between us became almost unbearable. It was more than a hunch I had about her feeling the same way. Her body betrayed her attempts to disguise her true feelings anytime I got close to her. I noticed how her cheeks grew rosy and her pupils dilated until she would turn away and get her composure back.

Occasionally letting our fingers brush over the other or putting my hand on her shoulder had only ignited the yearning for her touch more. She would never admit it but I knew she needed me just as much. It was only a matter of time for someone to make the first move or else this longing would cause us to combust.

Emily deserved to be with someone who took her the way she was, who saw her and loved her with all her perfect flaws. I wanted nothing more than to show her softness and allow her to be tender. I would help her whet away any harshness from her life. She needed someone to be her anchor, someone she could hold onto when whitewaters threatened to wash her away.

I could be this someone.

And I needed to tell her.

Two firm knocks against Emily's hotel room door announced my presence. With wide eyes she swung the door open, obviously surprised to see me.

"Tara! What's going on?" She wondered.

"Can I come in?"

She stepped aside to let me enter, closing the door behind me. She had already changed into her sleeping outfit – a loose tank top and thin shorts – and had rid her face of any make-up. She looked incredibly beautiful without her usual work attire. There was nothing left to help her hide any part of her, her vulnerability bleeding through even as she tried to shield herself with her arms crossed over her chest.

It couldn't have been more than a few seconds of us staring at each other but it felt like an eternity. She was looking me up and down, clearly trying to interpret my demeanor. Stepping closer to her, she walked backwards until her shoulders made contact with the closest wall. Her body acted as if she tried to get away from me but her eyes told me a different story.