The Sweetest Dream

Summary: Even in her dreams Reader is longing for Tara’s touch

Pairing: Tara Lewis x Fem!Reader

Category: Smut, Fluff

Content Warnings: (18+, minors DNI) Softdom!Tara, Sub!Reader, consensual somnophilia, praise kink, thigh riding, fingering

Word count: 1.7k

____________

Tara hadn't known what feeling at home truly meant until she met you. As someone who had moved around a lot, this sensation never came naturally to her. It took months of earning each other's trust until she was sure that she had found her home with you.

It always warmed her heart to know that you would be waiting for her in your shared apartment. Of course Tara would prefer you to still be awake but there was something so magical about laying down beside your sleeping figure to find comfort in the warmth you radiated.

More than once had she longed to feel the softness of your skin despite you being asleep but she never dared to ask for your permission. It was you who brought it up, making sure she understood that even in your sleep you longed for her touch.

It was a declaration of trust unlike anything Tara had ever experienced. You made sure she'd understand that her fingertips were always welcome on your skin but Tara still insisted on giving her a sign beforehand, so she’d be sure that it was really what you wanted when she'd join you in bed.

After a moment of thinking about it, a pink heart-shaped post-it on the bathroom mirror became your way of telling Tara that she could have all of you even when you were asleep. It took a couple of weeks of you occasionally leaving the little paper out until Tara finally felt encouraged enough to give into what you both desired.

She was already wondering if she'd find your agreed sign on the bathroom mirror when she entered the apartment in the middle of the night. Tara had been away on a case for two weeks and she felt like a starved woman, desperate to feel your skin under her fingertips.

Her heart skipped a beat when she entered the bathroom and found the pink paper heart sticking in the middle of the mirror. There was nothing that could have stopped her then. She was quick to shed her clothes and quietly enter the bedroom, finding you laying on your back on the mattress.

Tara knew it wasn't easy to wake you from your slumber but she was still careful not to disturb your sleep when she joined you in bed. To her surprise she found you completely bare under the blanket, making her smile to herself. She wondered if this had been an attempt to convince her to finally follow your heart-shaped calling.

Tara pressed her body into your side, relishing the sensation of feeling your skin against hers without any barriers. Being this close to you ignited a fire inside her and she became greedy to feel more of the heat you provided.

Curious fingertips danced over tender skin, exploring every curve and dip within reach. They lingered on your breasts, gently caressing them while her lips attached to your neck. You squirmed under her touch when Tara brushed over your hardened peaks, making her smile against your skin.

She left featherlight kisses on your neck and shoulder while her hand descended further down your body. Your breathing was steady, a clear sign you were still far away from waking up.

"Are you dreaming of me?" Tara breathed into your ear, hoping that you would hear her.

Carefully she parted your legs just enough to make room for her hand. She brushed over your inner thighs gently before bringing her hand to her mouth to wet two of her fingers. When they met your folds they began exploring your uniqueness not unlike the very first time she had touched you.