Christmas Cuddles

Summary: With Emily by your side you have never felt more loved on Christmas Eve

Pairing: Emily Prentiss x GN!Reader

Category: Fluff

Content Warnings: allusions to trust issues if you squint

Word count: 850

_______________

There was something so special about kissing Emily on a cold winter day. The heat she radiated always stood in contrast to the low temperature outside. After a long winter walk you craved her warmth, so you gladly welcomed her lips brushing gently over yours as you stood under the mistletoe she had hung over her door.

Kissing Emily on a cold winter day had the ability to warm your soul and melt your heart.

It hadn't been easy to get her to trust you but even more than that, it had seemed almost impossible for you to let her into your life. Little by little she managed to let her love spill into your heart until you believed that this was real.

Emily's love for you was real.

Smiling against her lips, you placed your hands around her waist to pull her closer into your embrace. She giggled at your enthusiasm and let her fingertips gently trace your cheeks. When your lungs ached for air, you pulled back to look into your girlfriend's warm eyes.

"I didn't expect you to be the kind of person with a mistletoe at her door frame," you chuckled.

"Maybe I just wanted to have an excuse to kiss you," she teased.

Your lips found hers in a chaste kiss before mumbling against them, "You don't need an excuse to do that."

Emily leaned back to find your eyes. "We should go inside, I have a surprise for you."

With your fingers intertwined with hers, you followed her into her living room to find it beautifully decorated with festive lightings. Right beside her fireplace stood a ridiculously large Christmas tree with glimmering ornaments in your favorite colors.

With the sweetest smile prominent on her face she looked at you and cooed, "I hope you like it."

Slowly you walked around the living room to take everything in. Your heart skipped a beat or two as the lights reflected in your shimmering eyes. Overwhelmed by the realization that she had done all of this just for you, you muttered, "Emily... that's too much."

Stepping closer to you, she pulled you into a tight hug and whispered, "It's not too much. Nothing makes me happier than seeing you smile."

It felt like your heart might jump out of your chest at her words. Never had anyone put so much effort into making you happy.

"Thank you," you mumbled. "You have no idea how much this means to me."

The both of you got rid of your shoes and coats and found your place wrapped in a blanket in front of the Christmas tree. You found comfort in Emily's arms and relished the sensation of her fingertips dancing over the fabric of your sweater. You shifted your position to pull her even closer against your body, not allowing any distance to be found between the two of you.

With your head leaning against her chest you listened to the rhythmic beating of her heart and tried to match your own heart-rate with hers. You realized that ever since you met her, Emily had been relentless in showing you how much she cared for you. In that moment her heart seemed like a pacemaker for you, patiently waiting for you to chime in so you could become one with her.

At first your breathing aligned with hers, both of your chests rising and falling at the same time. After a couple of moments had passed, your heart-rate finally got in sync with hers as well.

Without daring to move from your position, you breathed, "I love you."

Emily's fingertips wandered from your back into your hair, tenderly brushing over your head.

"I love you more," she answered.

Sitting up, you locked eyes with her and dared to say, "That's impossible."

"You should be smarter than to argue with me," Emily chuckled.

She suddenly got up from her place, making you whine at the loss of contact.

"I almost forgot I have a present for you!" She chirped before she disappeared into another room.

She came back with a wrapped packet in her hands and handed it to you. Without wasting any time you got rid of the paper covering your gift, revealing the ugliest Christmas sweater you had ever seen.

"Thank you, it's –"

"Hideous, I know," she interrupted you before breaking out in laughter.

You chimed into the sounds of her happiness, recalling a conversation you had with her. Apparently it was a BAU tradition to show up at Rossi's annual Christmas party with the most ridiculous Christmas sweaters one could find.

"So," you began after your laughter simmered down, "does this mean I'm invited to Rossi's party?"

"I wouldn't even consider going without you."

You were quick to change into the sweater she got you.

Emily looked at you with the utmost adoration in her eyes. "It's not fair how you can make such an ugly piece of clothing look so cute."

She motioned for you to sit down beside her again while purring, "Merry Christmas, my love."

After placing a soft kiss on her lips, you found your home inside her embrace once more, whispering, "Merry Christmas indeed."