Chapter Fifty Seven

Luca

"Look, you got me now. Isn't that what you want? Let Charlotte go." I tried to bargain with Silvano, knowing the chances weren't good. I was desperate enough to try anything, though.

They had moved us out into the great room. Charlotte kneeled a few feet in front of where I was, with tears pouring down her cheeks, guns pointed at us from fifteen different directions.

"No one is going anywhere." Silvano hissed. "I've waited a long time for this day. Although I have to say I am a little disappointed that the rest of your friends aren't here."

"This is my fight." I growled, glaring at him. He didn't need to know the rest of my men were waiting with fucking bells on to charge in here and demolish Silvano and his soldiers.

"How very noble of you." He scoffed.

Damn it, where was Angelo? They had to be coming in at any second.

"I've rather enjoyed my time with Charlotte." Silvano put a finger to her chin and forced her face up. Charlotte squeezed her eyes shut, wincing at his touch. I would give just about anything to be able to wring Silvano's scrawny neck, touching her that way in front of me. Any way, for that matter.

I jerked against the guards that were holding my arms behind my back, earning a fierce jab into my temple from the butt of one of their guns. I grunted, trying not to give him the satisfaction of a reaction. The force made me dizzy and I could feel blood starting to drip down my cheek.

"Stop!" Charlotte cried out, having a hard time watching them hurt me. One of his guards put his grimy hand over her mouth, muffling her cries.

"Aw, you're upsetting your wife." Silvano chuckled, mocking Charlotte. "I'll make you guys a little deal."

I already knew I wouldn't like it.

"I won't let her go, but I'll kill her first, take her out of her misery." Silvano cackled, eyeing me in anticipation of my reaction. He had gotten one out of me and he wasn't going to get another.

"You won't kill her." I shot him a cocky glare, praying I was right. He very well may be capable of killing her, but I needed to distract him just a little longer. I needed to give Angelo and Marco and Carlo enough time to get in here.

"Oh, I'm not, am I?" He chuckled, turning his attention to me. At least momentarily, my baiting worked. "And what makes you think that?"

"You want revenge on Antonio? Killing her isn't going to accomplish that. Only killing him can." I continued, eyeing him carefully. With the flick of his wrist, he could command any of these guards to put a bullet in her head. I had to be really fucking careful with this. Pushing him, but not too far.

"You're right. But second to killing him would be killing the two of you." Silvano turned back towards Charlotte, who was trembling in fear. I'd only seen her scared a handful of times in our relationship together and seeing her like this right now was paralyzing. Especially because there was not a thing I could do about it at the moment. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Silvano reach for a gun from one of his guards.

"Now, which one of these should I use?" He held a gun up in one hand and a knife in the other. I could see the terror in her eyes, even from across the room.

"Charlotte, look at me." I commanded, desperate to ease some of her pain. "Don't take your eyes off of me, okay?"

Soft tears started trailing down her cheeks.

"It's okay, baby. It's going to be okay." My voice broke with emotion. "I love you. You know that, right?"

She nodded, closing her eyes. "I love you too."