Chapter Forty Seven

Charlotte

"You can't wear that." I giggled, shaking my head. Luca stood in front of me wearing a swimsuit almost the size of mine. It didn't leave much to the imagination and was not exactly what I had in mind for a family day at the beach.The serious expression on his face made it impossible for me to tell whether or not he was joking but I wasn't taking any chances.

"Why not?" He smirked, putting his hands on his hips and posing in the speedo.

I bit back my laughter. "You know why."

"We're in Italy, baby." He was clearly amused with himself. "I'll be the laughingstock of the beach if I don't wear something like this."

"You look like..." I stared at the suit, completely losing my train of thought. Every inch of him was on display in that suit, the thin fabric stretching across his thick bulge. Images of last night pulsed through my brain and I couldn't rip my ways from the perfection that was my husband.

"What was that?" He chuckled, knowing exactly what I was thinking. A deep blushed filled my cheeks, and I darted my eyes away. "God, you're adorable when you blush." His arms snaked around my waist and he drug his lips harshly across my neck.

"Well, can you blame me?" I shrugged. "You walk around in.... In that."

"You don't like it?" He grinned, trying to appear hurt but relishing in the effect he had on me. As if he needed anymore of a confidence boost.

"Oh, believe me. I like it." I smiled. "But what was that you said about not wanting to spend time in an Italian jail for beating someone up for looking at you? I'm having the same sentiments."

Luca laughed out loud. "I'd like to see you try to beat someone up."

"You taught me self defense, remember?" I countered. Not that I remembered much of it, but at least in theory I should know. "And I punched you in the nose that night you slept on the bench in front of my apartment."

"You do have a nasty right hook, but beating someone up is completely different." He said pointedly, as if I should know that. "But I'll change, only because jail isn't a good look for you."

"If I remember correctly, the night I went to jail, you fucked me for four hours..."

"Hmm. Good thinking. Maybe I'll pull out the handcuffs again tonight." He cradled my ass in both of his hands, kissing me deeply as I leaned against his bare chest.

"I'm ready for the ocean!" Layla announced, coming into our room with a unicorn inter-tube around her waist.

Luca jerked away, nearly toppling me over. "You certainly are!"

He picked her up and spun her around.

She frowned slightly. "What are you wearing, daddy?"

I shot Luca an I told you so look and grabbed my beach bag.

"Nothing, sweetie. I need to change really quick and then we'll be ready to go." Luca set her down, laughing to himself. "Like mother, like daughter." He whispered to me as he brushed past me and back into the closet to change.

Thirty minutes later, I was laying in the sand watching Luca and Marco splashing in the water with Layla. Each time a wave would come, she'd shriek and sprint up the sand to stop it from touching her tiny toes. Luca finally coaxed her into the water by putting her on his back and walking out into the blue. It was adorable to watch how they were bonding. They absolutely adored each other and every time I thought about it, it made me emotional. It didn't take much these days. I was just so deliriously happy with how things were right now that the minute I started to think about how lucky we were to have found our way back to each other, I'd start tearing up.