Chapter Fifty

Unknown POV

"I'm in the house, boss, but he's here. What do you want me to do?

"Damn it. I want her alone. She has to be alone."

"Should I stay or come back and regroup?"

"Meet me at the warehouse. We need a new strategy. We're going to need to up our game if we want Charlotte."

"See you soon, boss."

Luca

"You know, I'm starting to wonder if our mothers are ever going to bring Layla back. I miss her." Charlotte smiled, digging through the plate of seafood linguini in front of her like she was looking for something specific. She looked absolutely stunning in the dim light of this restaurant, and I wasn't just saying that because I was in deep shit from last night.

The strip club was a terrible idea, but coming home to my wife smelling like other women and booze was an even worse idea. To her credit, Charlotte was taking the whole thing miraculously well. She didn't even seem that mad, which only made me feel more guilty. Nothing even happened, but I felt the need to make it up to her, so that's what I spent the entire day doing.

"She's only been gone twenty-four hours, baby. How are you going to handle two weeks away for our honeymoon?" I chuckled, admiring the love she had for our daughter. If possible, it made me love her even more.

Charlotte's eyes widened. "Honeymoon? I thought this was the honeymoon."

I let out a sharp laugh. "Call my crazy, but I don't want our family around when we go on our honeymoon. I just want you, a beach, and enough privacy that I can fuck you silly every night and no one will hear you scream."

"You know, I've never met anyone who could take something romantic and make it sound so dirty." She teased, pressing her lips to her wineglass. It was already stained with the deep red lipstick she wore.

"We all have our special talents." I smirked menacingly and shrugged.

"More wine, sir?" Our server appeared virtually out of nowhere and Charlotte blushed. I knew she was worried he had heard our conversation, but I couldn't care less. Better if he did, then he would know to keep his wandering eyes to himself. I thought Charlotte got a lot of looks when we were home in New York, but the attention she was getting here in Italy was outrageous. It was like they had never seen a woman before, and I felt even more of a need to let everyone know she was mine.

"No thanks. I'm sure my wife will, though. Why don't you leave it here and put your eyes back into your head?"

The server set the bottle down and scurried away, mortified.

Charlotte rolled her eyes. "You don't have to take things so personally."

"When he's eyeing my woman like that, it's definitely personal." I retorted. She was oblivious to the way people looked at her, watched her in admiration. She had no clue how beautiful she really was.

"Your woman?" Charlotte cringed, taking the bottle and refilling her glass. "What are you, a caveman?"

"I can be, if you're into that kind of thing." I winked at her.

She shook her head, smirking."I see you're not going as heavy as you did last night." She gestured to my still full wine glass. I hadn't had hardly a sip since we sat down.

"I think I drank enough last night to last me a few months." I chuckled sheepishly, still embarrassed that I let things get as out of hand as they did.