Chapter 2

I yawned, and as I opened my eyes, I got scared for a second. 

When my brain finally woke up enough to figure out where I was, I realized that it was just Ashley laying literally right next to me. 

I sat up, and I hit my head on the roof of the fort Ashley and I had made. It was so dark that I couldn't see anything, so I felt around blindly for my phone, starting to get frustraded that I couldn't find it. My back hurt from sleeping on the floor, and I was just going to move to the couch once I found my phone, but it wasn't anywhere to be found. 

I started crawling around, thinking maybe I left it on the other side of the fort, but it wasn't there. As I was moving around, I accidentally brushed against Ashley's arm, and then I touched her face when I was feeling around again. 

She started moving a little bit, and eventually I hit her too many times that she woke up. 

"What the..." She yawned, sitting up, and she hit her head on the blanket, making the whole fort collapse in on us. 

"Are you kidding me?" I said, pulling the blanket off my head. 

"Oops." She said. 

"Where's my phone?" 

"I think it's....here. It was under my arm." She handed it to me, and I saw that it was literally 3am. 

"It's freezing." I said, putting the cushions back on the couch. "Where's the air thingy?" 

"I have no idea." 

"I thought this was your second home." 

"It is." 

"So how do you not know where the thingy is?" 

"Because I don't know where the thingy is!" 

"Well you should. I will figure it out." I said. "Well...I'l'll do it tomorrow." 

"I can do it now if you want." 

"No, I don't care. I'm going back to sleep because it's like 3 in the morning." 

"Take this." SHe threw a blanket on me, and I got comfortable under it. The last thing I heard before I fell back to sleep was "That fort was cool while it lasted." 

----------

This time when I woke up, I saw Trinity literally walking out the door, dressed and everything. I looked at my phone and saw it was 9am, and as much as I didn't want to get up I probably should. 

I also had a text from Trin that told me everything that was in the fridge and cabinets and stuff. She also told me to ask Ash for good breakfast places if I wanted to go out. 

Well Ashley was still alsep, so I got up quietly, and put my blanket on her because she was curled into a tiny little ball as if she was freezing. I just made a bowl of cereal with milk and went to Trinity's room to watch TV so I didn't wake her up. 

By 10, she hadn't come to find me, so I went to go see if she was still asleep, and she was. Call me selfish, but I was bored and just so excited for our trip around the city, so I started watching TV in the living room with some volume so she would wake up. 

"Hi." She said, stretching and sitting up a bit. 

"Good morning sunshine!" I said, making her laugh. 

"Morning." She yawned. 

"How are you still tired? It's almost 11!" 

"Someone snored really loudly last night and I couldn't fall back to sleep." 

"Well someone got a cold, and that's not that someone's fault." 

"Well maybe I shouldn't have been in your face last night." 

"I would advise." 

"It was just cold in here and you were so warm!" 

I took a deep breath, and then looked back at the TV. 

"It's still cold in here."I said. 

"Here." She got up and sat next to me with her 2 blankets, scooting right up against me. "This better?" 

"Yes thanks." 

"So what do you wanna do today?" 

"I just want you to show me around. Show me your favorite places and stuff." 

"Well you already saw one of my favorites, the ice cream parlor. The best part is it's open year round, but that's also the worst part, because then I eat lots of ice cream when it's freezing out, like last night. So not really ideal but also ideal." She explained. 

Ashley kept going on about all these places that she loved, but all I could focus on was just HER. 

"Kyla, but do you know where my most favorite place on earth is?" She asked, and I snapped back into the conversation. 

"What is it?" 

"Nashville." 

"I thought you meant around here!" I said, trying to explain the shocked look on my face. 

"Nope. Nashville is the best place in the world." 

"Well I would say let's go but I'm broke." 

"That's okay. Because we are going to have so much fun in Washington D.C!" Ashley said happily. 

Fearless - Ashley Sanchezजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें