Chapter 9

One day until the challenge cup opener against Orlando Pride. No one knows how good they are going to be anymore, considering they traded Alex Morgan, Ali Kriger, Ashlyn Harris, and Taylor Kornieck. 

But we were going to go into it not knowing anything, and I like it better that way.

I finally moved into my own place and got my own car, so I didn't have to do everything by Trinity's schedule anymore, even though I spent a lot of time at her house, and a lot of nights at Ashley's. 

I went to Trinity's to talk to her about what she does on game day and stuff. And while I was there I got a text from Ash. 

'Babe you coming over tonight.' The text said. 

'Probably not. I need to get a good night's rest.' I replied. 

'I guess I'll have to call Tara then.' 

I laughed, and Trinity looked at me. 

"What's so funny?" 

"Nothing." I said, putting down my phone face down.

"Um, I just want to ask you something." 

"Ask away." 

"You've been so distant from me lately. Like, you were good for the first few days, and then sometimes you come back, but you're off in your own world a lot. Especially with Ashley." 

"What?" I asked. "Are you jealous I made a few friend?" 

"No I'm not!" 

"Awww Trinity's jealous of my new friend!" I teased. 

"Kyla!" She laughed. 

"You don't have to worry. You're my best friend and always will be." I said. "I'm sorry I've been 'distant' or whatever. Just tell me how to fix it and I can." 

"Get off your phone so much for starters." 

"Okay." 

"And you should come over at night so we can have a movie night or something! I miss Friday movie night with you. That's our thing." 

"Okay." I said, getting up from the table. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna go to the bathroom." 

"Sounds good." 

----------

Trinity's POV

As soon as Kyla was in the bathroom, I picked up her phone, and much to my surprise, she left it on. 

I looked through some of the messages with someone named 'Babe' with some pink heart emojis. 

Why would she hide that from me? If she's dating someone why wouldn't she tell me? 

Then one message made me drop her phone and throw my hand to my mouth to keep from yelling. 

Kyla had said: 'my place or yours tonight?' 

And 'Babe' with a bunch of heart emojis replied: Sorry I'm busy tonight. I'm going to Trinity's to watch the movie The Sandlot because she says it's a classic and I haven't seen it ever.' 

ASHLEY CAME TO MY HOUSE TO WATCH THE SANDLOT LAST WEEK. 

What. The. Hell. 

I clicked on the contact, and I looked at the number. It was in fact Ashley's number. 

I just turned her phone off and put it back in the spot, and stared at the wall until she came back out. 

"Everything okay?" Kyla asked, sitting back down at the table.