Chapter 6

Best moment of my life? Probably. 

Above getting drafted into the NWSL and traded to the Spirit? Hard to say. 

But damn it. It was such a good moment. 

In that moment, all I heard was her singing the line from the song Fearless that I played on my guitar. Her voice echoed in my head: "It's the first kiss, it's flawless, really osomething, it's fearless." 

When Ashley pulled away, I guess I looked stunned or something, because she looked so confused. 

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked. 

"Not...not at all. Not one bit." I said. "Just do it again." 

"Trinity's waiting outside." 

"She can wait 2 more minutes." 

So then we kissed again, and it just kept going. We lost track of time, like, a very long time, and then when we were in Ash's room, we heard the front door open. 

"Where are you guys? What is taking you so long Kyla?" 

I started panicking. 

"Tell her I fell asleep." I said. 

"Where....oh hey. What's this?" Trinity asked. 

"I think something she ate didn't agree with her stomach and she got sick a few times, and then came to lay down because she said she was dizzy. Then she fell asleep." Ashley explained. 

"Aw. Poor girl." Said Trin, coming to sit next to me. 

"Yeah. Ifit's okay I think she should just stay here tonight." Ashley said. 

"I think she should. And she can clean up your bathroom tomorrow." She laughed, playing with my hair a little bit. 

"She just needs to sleep. She'll be fine." 

"Alright. I'm tired myself so I'm going to head home. Call me if you need anything." Said Trinity, and she left. 

"Never did peg you for the best freaking liar ever." I said, sitting up. 

"Well....you never know." She said. "Let's just lose track of time again." 

"Let's." 

----------

When I woke up thr next morning, I had so many conflicting emotions. I was so happy for obvious reasons, but I was also feeling extremely guilty for lying to Trinity. 

That also meant that we had to either tell her about this or keep it a secret. Either one is probably going to make me even more guilty. Like I just did it with her other best friend. Is this a betrayal of her trust? What is this? Will it happen again? 

"Morning." Ashley said, smiling after flipping over to face me. 

"Morning." I said. 

"I like that smile." She said. 

"Thanks. I slept with it I think." 

"What do you want to eat?" She asked. 

"I think I just wanna go back to Trin's and get changed." I sighed. 

"Ky." 

"Ash." 

"I know what this is about." 

"Oh really?" 

"Yes. And we don't have to tell Trin yet." 

"It'll kill me." I said. "But I'm not gonna say a word." 

"We just need to go about it a different way. She thinks you were sick last night. Can't tell her that her 2 best friends lied behind her back and slept together. That would be a double sucker punch." Ashley sighed. 

I grabbed my phone off the bedside table, and I saw a bunch of texts from Trinity. Some I missed from last night and a few from this morning. 

Good morning Ky. Hope you're feeling better! 
One of our teammates invited me and a few other girls over for a bonfire tonight. I asked if I culd bring you and she said of course. Hope you feel well enough to come!

I replied to her and figured out it was literally Kelley O'Hara that said I could come to her house. 

Then it hit me I was actually going to be her teammate starting in like a week. That was crazy to me. She was someone I looked up to as a teenager. And now I'm going to be playing with her? Crazy. 

----------

I went back to Trinity's so I could get ready to go to literal Kelley O'Hara's house. 

"What's the dress code?" I asked. 

"Comfy. It's a bonfire." She replied. "And it's freezing anyway." 

"Right." I said, digging through my suitcase. 

"Let me know when you're ready and we can stop at the store and get some sort of food to bring." 

"Okay." I said. "Is Ashley coming? I mean, you would know better than I would. She's your best friend." 

"Um....you're the one that slept over her place last night. And yeah, she's gonna be there." 

"Cool." 

"Bring your big coat too." 

"I'm no idiot. It's like -5 degrees out there." 

"And here's your hat and gloves." 

"Thanks." I said, and I grabbed my keys, wallet and phone and put them in the pockets of my sweatpants. 

"Ready?" 

"Yep." 

"Let's go." 

"What are we supposed to bring anyway?" 

"I told Kel I'd bring the cookies." Trinity said. 

"Well I can pay for....one cookie." I said, going through my cash. 

"Don't worry about it." Trinity laughed. "I get that you're broke. That's why I'm letting you live at my house for free." 

"That's the only reason?" 

"And you're my best friend and we promised when we were 10 that if we ever ran out of money' we would help each other out." 

"That's more like it." I laughed, and we drove to the grocery store. 

Hope you enjoyed! If you haven't already, go check out my Mal Pugh story! I figured a lot of people probably came from there, but if you didn't you should go check it out! I have one more chapter of that to publish, and then I will start updating the sequel as soon as I can!