Chapter 3

After a few long, freezing hours of touring the city, when we finally got back to Ashley's car, my hands were so cold I couldn't feel them. She had thicker gloves than I did, so hers were fine. 

"Back to my place?" She asked. 

"Sure." I said, taking off my hat, but frustratingly unable to fix my hair due to my numb hands. 

"Sounds good." She took her sat off and ran her hands through her hair, looking in the rearview mirror, and then she did it again. It was so hot. 

Wait what? 

I stared out the window to keep from her seeing the blush on my face, and I thought about how the pavement has a certain glow to it, probably because it just snowed. 

I faced forward again as Ashley played with the buttons to get the heat to blow. 

"You have great hat hair here..." She said, fixing my hair a bit. 

Our eyes met and lingered a bit. Her cheeks and nose were red from the cold snow, and it was adorable. 

She turned away and started driving. 

"Uh..." I said, trying to think of something to fill the awkward silence. Then she did the thing again, with her hand in her hair, and my mind went blank. 

"What's up?" She asked, wanting me to finish what I was gonna say. 

"I wonder how Trinity's.....whatever....is going." I said. 

"Text her." 

"I can't." 

"Why not?" 

"My fingers are too numb." I laughed. 

"Well let me help with that." She grabbed my hands and tried to wram them up by rubbing them quickly before the red light turned green. 

It didn't help much, but I still tried to text Trinity anyway because I didn't want to make Ashley feel bad. 

We pulled up to her apartment building and went to her apartment. She walked in first, but then turned around and stopped me before I even got through the doorway. 

She put her hands on the sounders of my coat, and asked me: "Do you want hot chocolate?" 

"Yes please. That sounds great." I responded. 

"Okay. Let me get you some warm clothes first." She ran into her room, and came back about 20 seconds later with a sweatshirt and sweatpants. "These shold fit. We're like the same height." 

"Thanks Ashley." I said, and found the bathroom to get changed. 

"Sit." She said, pointing to the couch when I walked back into the living room. 

"I'm not a dog." I laughed. 

"If I thought you were I wouldn't be making you this." She gave me the mug of hot choclate. 

"Thank you." 

She walked over to grab her cup, then she grabbed a blanket and gave it to me. 

"I'm gonna go get changed. I'll be back." 

I nodded, and checked the text I had gotten back from Trinity. 

Everything's great here. Lots and lots of outfit changes and fixing makeup and hair and stuff, which kind of sucks. How's everything with you and Ash? I know it was cold for a city tour. 

I replied with: It is absoultely freezing. We went out for a few hours but it snowed and we were cold, so we went back to her place. She's the best host ever. And once you really spend so much time with her, whe's hilarious! She's full of dumb questions and stuff and it's adorable. 

Right after I sent the text, Ash wasled into the room, and then she got under the blanket next to me. 

I didn't know how to react really, but I certainly shocked myself with this intwraction. I cuddled into her, and I was very happy because she was warm. She put her one arm around me and grabbed the remote to put on a show. 

"What do you want to watch?" She asked. 

"You can choose as long as you don't move." 

"I think that's a good deal." 

Hope you enjoyed the first 3 chapters! Updates will come one chapter at a time from now on. But I hope this was worth the wait for the people coming from my Mal Pugh story snd if you aren't one of those people, go check it out! Thanks!