*Four

Munayah's POV.

I huff irritatedly "I told you about this last week Friday so the fact that all of you are playing dumb at the moment is frustrating me"

They both stay quiet.
The thing is the company is planning something with the tech sector and they asked me as the Director of Sales and Marketing and honestly it's a huge privilege for me and so I want everything to be perfect.

"So? What's with the silence?"

Sophie speaks up "I'm sorry Ma, it seems like whatever it is, all those in the tech sector aren't planning to tell us a thing".

I huff "How can I work on something when I don't know what it is"
She nods.

"But Ma" Sani speaks up but keeps quiet when I glare at him.

My secretary barges in, panting "They're asking for you"
"Who?" I ask annoyed.

She takes a deep breath "The boss just arrived and he asked for you, apparently it's a meeting with all sectors"

I stand abruptly "You two can go"
I pick up my bag and some files regarding last week's sales and rush out.

I walk inside the conference room "Mrs.Lateef, please join us" the director of our sector tells me.
I slowly walk in and sit as some people around the huge conference table glared at me.

The door opens and our CEO walks in with two of his secretaries following behind him.
He sits and smiles, widely.

Of course he'd smile like that, he's a good looking billionaire, he's the kind of man my friend Rasheeda refers to Zaddy.

"Thank you all for meeting with me on short notice but I'm sure you know it must be very important. I know I'm an old fashioned man and I've been told that we need to modernize a few things here in the company, for more profit and growth" he takes a deep breath "So after much consideration I decided to appoint someone to open both a website and an app"

"An app?" The director of the technical sector asks.
He nods "You couldn't even open a website. Just one website? So when he arrives I want you two to work together".

"But sir, it crashed"
He shakes his head "Don't say anything, you'll just make excuses and if I get any complains I don't think I'd have to say what will happen next. Anyway when he gets here he'll go round the sectors and have discussions with the Directors and the director of Sales and managing department of all three sectors. Our plan is for the app to include it all so all of you better make plans".

"Yes sir"
"My secretary will set up a meeting with you all when he arrives".

::

I walk inside the house and take a deep breath.
With all this new tech issue the office has been hectic, all sectors are under alot of heat and our Director has been transferring most of the heat to me, it's exhausting.

Eman rushes out "You're back? I kept calling you but you didn't pick up"

I nod as I flop on the couch "I was in my boss's office all day going through some records with other directors in our sector"

"Wait! I'm hearing too much director going around"
I huff "You know under our sector apart from me as the Director of Sales and Marketing there are other directors like the Director of Farming production, Director of Packaging and others but we have the Director of the Agricultural Sector who we're all under" I huff "This is the 20th time I'm explaining this to you"

She shrugs "Hadi says he wants to move in"
I raise my eyebrows "He's tired of living with Kaka?"

She nods "Can he?"
"You'll fight and in the end you'll beg on his behalf"

She smiles "I know he pissed you off at the wedding and I don't blame you but can he?"
I nod "Fine".

::

"Do we need Nutella?" I ask as I take it off the shelf and put in our cart. She picks three more, smiles and continues walking.

I roll my eyes.
I hate coming to the supermarket, I've always been the typical market type. Just go to one shop you're used to with your list and buy whatever but it's a Saturday and I'm sure it's going to be filled up and I want to rest as much as I can today, I have work to conclude tomorrow.

I continue looking around and spot my babies, my snickers and oreos. I love them to death.
I pack a lot not even counting them.

"Mrs.Munayah?"
I turn around and see a familiar face.

I knew it had to be a worker in the company "Yes?"
She smiles "I work with Mr. Abdulrazaq, I came together with him last two weeks when you two were discussing the sales of the new product"

I nod remembering her.
"His secretary?"
She shakes her head smiling "Oh no, I wish. I'm an intern who filled in for his ill secretary on that day"

"It's good to see you"
She smiles "But Ma if I may ask?"

I nod.
"How did you do it all at such a young age. You're the youngest Director in the company, in fact the company's history. How do you deal with people who don't feel you deserve it?"

It didn't feel like a question, it felt more like an interview.
"It's easy, I'm not like every other woman, I'm different and I come first for myself. Whatever they think doesn't matter to me, I do me and that's all that matters" I smile "I'm busy I need to go"

"Thank you so much Ma"
The way she looked at me with so much admiration.

I can't say I'm not used to it.

::

I walk out of the agricultural sector conference room and lean on the door.
Every morning I go there to take deep breaths and prepare for an exhausting day.

It takes minutes for me to do so, being here is not easy. When I'm outside these walls, I'm a 30year old spinster. People look at me and think the reason I didn't get married is because I sleep around and that's why I'm as successful as I am.

And within these walls I'm prey. Every useless man who is sex deprived by his wife thinks he can harass me. All above the age of 45 anyway. The younger ones are too scared to approach, it's disheartening to know how much women go through harassment like this because we want to make something of ourselves.

"Hajiya Munayah"

I raise my head and see Alhaji Sani, he's also a fellow director like me Director of Agricultural Research and the biggest flirt.

He walks over and leans next to me.
"You look tired, are you sure you're good to continue working?"

That seems like a harmless question right? Just wait for it.

"I'm okay" I say getting to my feet.
"Are you sure? You look exhausted and drained"

I nod "I'm sure"
"I'm just worried that you might collapse so if you feel anything you can come to my office, my wife says I give life changing massages"

I roll my eyes.
And there it is.

I look at him "I have no intention to do that with such a repugnant person"

"Excuse me?"
I walk away.
He'll say whatever, get angry, walk away and still do it next time.

I'm tired of everyone's crap, honestly.

::