*Seven

Again on Sunday.
I have to see him again.

So his office is finally set up and we're meeting there today.
I take a deep breath before going in.

Mrs. Mary, two interns and the Director Of the Tech Sector was there, Mr Ola was there as well.

Hauwa, my secretary was following closely behind. I sit on the couch next to Mary while Hauwa stands behind me.

"Does he have to make me wait all day?" Mr Ola says annoyed.
"Don't complain when you put yourself in that position" Mrs Mary says with a smirk plastered on her face. All I know is they have history, not like they dated.

The door opens and Munir walks in and sits.
He was wearing a navy blue hoodie and black sweats with grey sneakers. He's probably going to the gym after this.

"You ask us to show up by 8am and you make us wait for hours" Mr Ola complains.

"You waited 10mins, that's barely anything" he huffs "Let's get this done and over with, I have an important meeting"

"You're wearing sweats to work? You think this is your tacky company?" Mr Ola asks again.
"Stop complaining Mr.Ola, if you don't like being here you can leave".

He scoffs and says nothing.
"Anyway my assistant will bring in some forms that I'd like you all to fill please. It's on your sectors, just basic information I need to start my work immediately, I don't want to stay too long, I don't want to make people uncomfortable" he says looking at me before looking at his watch "I hate that I had to ask you to show up so early on a weekend but I'd like those forms as soon as possible, if possible tomorrow".

Mrs. Mary smiles "Of course we will"

The door opens and my mouth hangs open.
Munir smiles "This is my assistant Hanif Junaid,  she assists me with all my work and she's family so please if there's anything you can contact me through her"

Hanifa?
His ex?

I turn and glare at him but he avoids looking at me.
Hanifa hands out the forms and smirks when she hands Hauwa mine.

I leave immediately.

::

Apparently both my siblings and grandmother are going out, it's the weekend and I hate being alone honestly.

I prefer hanging out with the twins but if they're both not home then what's the point in staying.

I enter the living room.
"What are you two waiting for?" I ask Kaka and Eman who were already dressed.

"Hadi, you know how long he takes in the shower"
I huff "Do I look okay?"

Eman turns and smiles "Yeah you do, where are you going?"
"I'm coming with you all"

She looked hesitant "Why?"
I rest my hands on my waist "Why? I can't?"

Kaka hurries over and pulls me "Of course you can, the more the merrier"
I nod "Where are you going anyway?"

Eman still looked bothered but answered anyway "To a birthday party, we were invited personally".

I turn to Kaka "But if you were invited personally should I tag along? I wasn't invited"
"Come on the celebrant will be happy to see you".

::

There were a lot of people, I mean for a birthday party.
The birthday party was taking place in the backyard, a huge backyard at that. With a mini basketball court.

It didn't have a theme or anything but refreshments where being served and people were chatting. Kaka and Hadi disappeared the moment we arrived. Eman and I just sat by a table looking from one person to another but somehow there were alot of people I recognized and for some reason I was getting uneasy.

"Munayah?" I hear someone call excitedly from behind me.
I turn around and freeze, there Kaka was standing with Anty, Munir's Aunt.

"Anty" I fake a smile and hug her. It's not like I don't like her, I do alot but Munir is my ex and I haven't seen her since we broke up so everything feels awkward.

"Oh I'm so happy you made it to the party"
"Huh?"

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
It's her party?
She changed her house?
Wait!!! Does that mean Munir is coming too?

Meeting him at work is enough torture as it is.
"It's Rayhanah's birthday and the boys have gone to pick her up at the train station, her plane landed early this morning"

My breath hitched in my throat.
I'm already having an emotional day, I don't want to confront Munir.

"Can you excuse me? I'm not feeling too well"
She smiles "Of course"

I hurry trying to leave the house.
I calm and slow down when I pass the second gate, the first was just a few feet away.

"Munayah?"

I felt like dying.
I turn around and see Mahmoud.
I didn't even know when I released a heavy sigh.

"What are you doing here?" He asks excitedly "Hadi said you weren't coming"
Of course my family still communicate with his and I mean this sarcastically.

"Yeah I wasn't, truthfully I didn't know it was your party"
He bursts out laughing "Now that makes sense. But where are you going?"

I stay quiet and smile.
"Well if you're trying to escape I don't think leaving is a good idea, they'll arrive any moment now. If you prefer I can take you in, after they join everyone in the backyard then I'll sneak you out"

I nod "Please".

::