*Nine

Munir's POV.

Yusuf bursts out laughing.
Bello and I decided to come pay him a visit, we haven't met up since he got married.

"I knew you two were destined for each other"
Bello jokes.

"Abeg leave that joor" I answer back annoyed.
"What's wrong with Munayah? You and I both know that girl loves you more than life itself, so what's wrong with marrying her?" Yusuf asks.

I huff "Brother I know she does, I have no doubt about that but—you know why"

The door opens and Hanan stands infront of us with her hands on her waist.
"What is going on here?"

"My girl!" Bello says before hugging her and collecting her bag "What took you so long?"

"I had to drop Taslim at my parent's house"
"What is a married woman doing here?" I ask boredly, trying to annoy her.

"I told you to stop talking about that man"
I laugh "I didn't even mention him"

She really hates her husband, I don't ask questions at all.

She flops next to me on the couch "My girlfriend hates you" Bello blurts out.
"She'll learn to accept me just like all your other girlfriends and I'm talking about all of you"

Which is true, any girl I date has to be cool with Hanan, she's someone I know genuinely cares about me and in this age and time that's not so common.

"So? Did you hear?" Yusuf asks sitting up.
"What?" She asks excitedly.

"Our best friend here is getting married, an arranged marriage"
She gasps and shakes her head "I won't let that happen, I'm an example of a failed arranged marriage"

I scoff "You're not, you're still married"
"Whatever"

"We'll he's getting married to Munayah"
She jumps excitedly "That's great news, I can't believe this. I knew you were bluffing when you said that was it"

I stand "You're all excited?"
Yusuf nods "We have no hopes on Bello, in fact I'd be ecstatic and surprised if he ever just stays loyal to one woman talk of getting married but you—this news has made my year"

"You all are traitors, I'm going to the gym" I glare at them.
"Go on, you're still marrying her" Bello jokes.

::

I stare at her as she carefully goes through the files.
Still as beautiful as the first day I saw her but the feelings now are different, we aren't the same people we were back then.

It was the greatest and somehow the worst moments of my life.

"Munir?" She calls my name looking irritated.
"Huh?"

"Anyway, I don't think you need to know the profits"
I roll my eyes "Come on Munayah, it's a website, people need to know at least how much profit is gotten from it. You don't have to give me your current profit. It could be the profits of 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, whichever you'd prefer"

She huffs "You can talk about this with the Director but not me"
"You're a Director too and you're your sector's representative so if not you then who should I ask. I'm here to work and you know I don't like anything hindering it"

She looks at me sadly "Work did always come first to you" she huffs "Do whatever you like Munir, I just don't want to see your face"

"We're working, let's try to keep it professional"
"Well, you're still the same person and so am I. Since you can keep it professional then do it but I can't, I can't stand looking at your face or hearing your voice so I apologize for my lack of professionalism" she stands "Excuse me" she walks out.