*Ten

"What?!" I ask perplexed.
She nods "Yes, you heard me"

"Kaka, have you ever seen a marriage in 2weeks? That's absurd"

My siblings, grandmother and I were peacefully watching when she broke the news to me.
"I've not even agreed to it yet"

She bursts outs laughing, sarcastically "You think it's your choice? You're funny my child"

I pout "What is this now? Do you hate me this much?"
She shakes her head "It's love my child"

"I'll open the door" Eman says when we she hears multiple knocks on the front door.

"No, it's doesn't make sense at all. I don't want to marry him"
"But you love him"

I stay quiet.
"It's a yes or no"

"Munayah?"
I turn around and see my mother standing, smiling like a hypocrite.

I roll my eyes "If you saw who it was why did you open the door?" I ask Eman.
She shakes her head.

"Eman, you and Hadi should go in"
"Let's go in"Kaka says as she leads them both inside.

"What do you want Ma? What now?"
She sits next to me in all her glory, all her designers.

"I heard you're getting married, I'm proud of you darling" she says holding my hand in hers.
I pull them away "So?"

"You've done it all. You have a successful career and a loving man"

I stand unable to take it any more "Please just get to the point"
She huffs "I want you to be the mother of the bride, it has always been a dream of mine"

I nod "Sorry you're 14years late"
She shakes her head "Please, I want to make it up to you. Eman can come back to live with me"

I scoff, laughing "Why? So your husband can try assaulting her again?"
She frowns "That didn't happen, she's just confused"

I shake my head "No, you're confused. Your so called husband almost forced himself on your daughter and you couldn't back her up and you expect me to let her go back to live with you? So you won't rest until he successfully rapes her?"

She stands abruptly, angrily "I'm trying to make things right but don't you dare insult me or my husband! He was the one who asked me to make things right with you and you're here soiling his name?"

I scoff, laughing unbelievably "So someone had to ask you to make things right? You're unbelievable dear mother and you can leave now. I'll ask Hadi to do that, you know he'll gladly do it" I walk out.

::

Immediately after work I just stopped by at my friend, Rasheedah's house.

I lie flat on her bed, exhausted.
"What's with you?" She asks confused. She was wearing shorts and an oversized sweatshirt.

"Life has been a mess lately" I huff "Where's your husband?"
She pouts "He has a night shift today, so what do you mean a mess?"

I sit up, annoyed "Well for one everyone at work still behaves like I slept my way to the top. And guess who shoved himself back in my life?"

"Munir?"
"How did you know?"

"The expression on your face. How did he do it?"
"Well, you know how he's an app developer?"

She nods.
"My boss hired him to make an app for the company and I'm the representative of the agricultural sector so I have to work with him"

I groan.
"You can avoid him or just keep it professional"
"You sound just like him and you know I can't do that. Anyway something worse happened"