*Seventeen

Yusuf's POV.

"Mahmoud, what is going on?" I ask him.
Mahmoud studied law and now he's working in my uncle's law firm with me.
I'm the best attorney in the firm so who better to guide him.

But the boy is the exact opposite of his brother. I always thought because Munir loved to live life to the fullest that he'd be difficult to handle but I take that thought back because Mahmoud beats him any day.

His car had problems at work so I offered him a ride, to my house to eat dinner before Munir comes to pick him up. He still treats him like a child plus we were supposed to meet anyway.

"Nothing is going on"
I huff frustratedly "Will you please work and not flirt with everything in a skirt? How can you ask out a woman going through a divorce?"

He smiles "I didn't mean it that way"
"Oh really? How can 'Will you go on a date with me this Saturday' not sound like a date?"

He huffs "I'm sorry, I was in the moment plus I kept wondering why someone would want to get divorced from someone like that"

"And Emmanuel almost sued us because of it. I want you far away from Kelechi"

He groans.

Munir walks in looking annoyed "What did he do now?"
"Trying to seduce a client"

He huffs "Mahmoud can you kindly wait for me in the car?"
"Fine, I'll get my food first"

He walks out.
"What have you been feeding Amira? She has gotten so chubby"

I smile "That's how I want her to look, so her family will know how great she is with me"
He rolls his eyes.

Amara walks in.
"Munir Sheriff, it's been a while"

He looks at me then back at her "Amara, it really has"
"Not long enough" I comment.

"I heard you finally tied the knot with Munayah, it had to take you 15years to do that apparently" she says trying to annoy him.

"Still bitter I see, it must be great living with your sister and her husband" he counters.

Amira comes and and sits next to me "Ya Munir I still haven't met the wife"
"Oh, my apologies. I will have to. You two will click"

"Then we can go by?" She asks eagerly.
I nod "Anytime you want".

::

I felt a kiss on my neck.
Oooh! The kind of tingles I felt.

"I love it when you do that babe" I whisper.
I was seated on the couch working on my laptop on an important case and damn this isn't the right time but I'm always willing to.

The kisses get deeper which is unlike Amira but it seems like she's in the mood.
Her hands start caressing my body and damn I just threw that laptop aside and grabbed her until she was on top me.

I freeze when I see Amara.
"WTH!!" I freak out.

"Don't be a bore Yusuf, let's just have some fun".
I remember Amara as a freaky girl, remembering that when I'm in this tricky and aroused situation was not helping matters. Sometimes I'd wish Amira would pick up a thing or two from her sister but I love my wife just the way she is and I'm definitely not going to let anything happen with her sister.

I push her off me and get to my feet.
"Don't be a bore Yusuf, it's just fun"

"Don't you dare try that with me again or wallahi I'm throwing you out of my house, I don't care if you're my wife's sister" I pick up my laptop and storm off.

::

Munayah's POV.

I made up my mind to talk to Munir today, to settle our differences so we can finally start living in peace as husband and wife.

Sometimes I blush when I remember he's mine, it's an image that has been in my head since I met him.

He finally comes out of the shower with his towel wrapped around his waist.
"Oolala! Boy you drive me crazy" I sing out sitting up on the bed and licking my lips.

"I know" he says flexing his muscles.
I groan "I take it back"

He leans over seductively as the water in his body drips on my clean duvet.
"Please dry yourself off first"

"I believe the friction—"
I shake my head jumping off "Before we get to a point of no return I want to discuss something with you".

"What exactly babe?"
"Can you please get dressed first?" I ask calmly.

He looks at me worriedly "Okay".

.

I sit next to Munir, clasping his hands in mine.
I know there's still a hidden feud with Munir but I love this man to death, I really do so I really want to make this work.

"So? What's wrong? You good?" He asks worriedly.

I smile "I love when you worry about me"
He smiles, wider "I can't help it, I love you so much"

I huff "Anyway, I'll be honest with you, I don't want us to continue this way. I don't like the way our relationship is headed"
"Neither do I"

I take a deep breath "Then please just work with me, just this once"
"Yeah, okay. Anything you want"

"You know I love you, a lot and I want to start this relationship afresh, we're starting our own family and I want us to start it with no grudges".
"I have no grudges"

"But I do. I still can't forget that you woke up one day 4years ago and decided I wasn't enough for you"
He huffs annoyed.

"Don't do this, please. For once let's have a conversation like adults. This concerns me, it does and you can't just try to put it aside. I'm going crazy here and I can't continue this way" I say breaking down.

He holds me, patting my back "I'm sorry. It's just that feelings are difficult for me to express and it's been like that for as long as I can remember. Nasan nayi laifi (I know I made a mistake) when I broke up with you without so much as an explanation".

I pull back and stare at him "Why did you?"
"Things were rocky for me at that moment. My dad suddenly came back into our lives again, work was failing and I felt like I was no where near the man you needed, the man you deserved. I thought if I let you go you'd meet someone else and be happy"

I shake my head "But I never complained, at all. Why didn't you tell me?"
"I didn't know how to, You always looked at me as someone who could fight through everything and I'm not but I've always tried to be. I was just scared you'd leave and at the same time I was scared you'd choose to stay with me just because you felt guilty"

I shake my head "I'd never do that, I loved you when you were a student walking with your hands and your legs in the air, that doesn't matter to me at all. You matter and your feelings too".

He smiles "Now I feel like I should have said something, I'm sorry babe"
"It's okay, I'm glad we got that out of the way"

I smile "Maybe you should let your emotions out more".
"Yeah maybe".

I didn't want to push.
We've moved a step forward in our relationship and I dreaded ruining the moment because I know we'd take 10,000 steps back.

::