*Fifteen

Munir's POV.

We were all seated on the couch, quiet and in our feelings. Yusuf, Bello, Hanan and I.

"Why are relationships so difficult?" Bello asks.
"Why are marriages so complicated?" Yusuf asks.

"I have no idea" I answer back.

Hanan and I are seated on the same couch while the other two are seated on two different arm chairs. We decided to meet up at Bello's place because he's the only one not sharing a house.

Yusuf abruptly sits up "Munir and Hanan do you two have something to tell us?"

I turn to Hanan "What is on with him now?"
She groans "Taslim"

Bello groans too "Too late, I asked that question and suspected a while ago"

I nod "Plus you all are just exaggerating, we don't look that much alike"
Bello and Hanan agree.

Yusuf leans back down "I keep behaving like a thief in my own home. I had to sneak out today".

"Well I had to sleep in the guest room because I was too angry and annoyed to sleep in the same room as him"

"She says I'm too detached to my emotion, that's not true"

They all burst out laughing.
"Okay I've listened to all three of you and two made sense but you, bruh you don't have an excuse" Bello says laughing the hardest.

"What do you mean?" I ask sitting up.
"Come on, it's nothing new that you hate being emotional" Yusuf adds.

"That might not necessarily be true"

Hanan rests her hand on my shoulder "You hate showing emotion, you're like a log. You have a story to tell but you have no emotion"

We all look at her like she was crazy.
"That makes no sense" Bello says.

"Well what I mean is that there's nothing wrong with showing a little emotion".

They might be right but I can't change who I am.

::

I got Munayah five boxes of her favorite chocolate, she's always in a forgiving mood when she's eating them.

I give her the gift bag.
"Truce?"
She was lying down on her bed like the world was hers.

She looked at the bag suspiciously before collecting it. She jumps with excitement when she sees it.

"Yes! Deal! Yes!"
She immediately starts eating it.

I sit next to her "So how was work today?"
She huffs "Babe can't you be romantic like those guys in all those romance kdramas? Just show up at work and put everyone in their place for your wife".

I couldn't help but burst out laughing "But this isn't a kseries"
"Firstly, it's not kseries and secondly, it's romantic. Don't you want to be romantic?"

"Come on babe you and I both know I'm not a romantic"
She huffs "I was hoping love would change you. You know, love makes you do crazy things".

"That probably came from someone who had never inlove, probably just stalking a girl from afar and imagining being together with her".

She rolls my eyes "Are you antipathetic to happiness?"

"Maybe"
My phone starts ringing and I pick it up.

Are you home?

Yes, why are you asking?

You just disappeared. I thought we were going to the company? Hadiza says she wanted to discuss something with us.

Can't Hadiza discuss with you? Anyway we'll talk about this tomorrow.

Okay then.

My regard to Amma.

Of course. Bye.

I end the call.
"Are you sure you're not into Hadiza?"

I scoff "Come on, I should skip Hanifa and instead be interested in Hadiza?"

"What do you mean?"
"What I mean is that Hanifa is pretty, hardworking, sweet, nice and comes from a good family not to mention the fact that we have history"

She gasps keeping her chocolate "I knew there was something with her"
I groan "What now?"

"What now?! You're talking about your ex with me? Your wife?"
"So you're going to argue with me because of Hanifa?"

"Can you say a hundred percent that she doesn't like you"

I shake my head "I can't because I'd be lying if I do"
She huffs "You love frustrating my life"

I nod "I'm too tired for this, goodnight" I walk out.

::

Yusuf's POV.

The first face I see is Amara's.
Normally Amira runs out to welcome me when I get home and instead today it's Amara and I can't help but worry.

"If it's not my brother in law" she says biting her lip.

I was getting more and more nervous by the second.
"Where is Amira?"

"Oh, your wife is in the kitchen preparing her not so innocent husband dinner"

I huff "Look Amara, I know you and I haven't had the opportunity to discuss our past"
"The past is in the past, Shaft"

I tense up when she calls me that.
"What?"
She smiles wider "That's what I called you before, because not only did God bless you with a handsome face and a great body but also a massive—" she trails off with a smirk plastered on her face. "A man so endowed"

I shake my head "Let's not do this Amara, I'm married to your twin sister"

She glares at me "Believe me I can't forget that even for a day, she's always talking about how perfect you are"

I stare at her "You're not perfect, you're a terrible person. You left me after you were done with me, you wanted to marry a virgin anymore when you took mine from me"

I huff "That wasn't why"
She nods "No need for excuses now, like you said the past is in the past".

I walk past her and enter the house, there's nothing for us to discuss anymore.

::