49 : Dai Nable ~ Oblivious to the world

“As expected of an advance level dungeons, these monsters ain’t kidding at all. It makes me fired up!”

“He followed us again, what’s with this guy?”

The mage called Kisara complains but her words go past my ears. If one were to ask about nobilities with excellent mage lineage, House Whitey, the margrave house that the queen came from, comes to mind first.

Although Kisara may be commoner-born, she was still able to improve her magic proficiency in a considerably short period of time.

Of course, her magic alone wouldn’t be enough to conquer this dungeon with ease, but with the help of Lucky, the thief, and Sam, the Warrior; the three of them are working together to support Locke in order to achieve that.

By noon, we took a lunch inside the barrier that Kisara herself put up. Locke had the lunch box that Chloe handed to him before. The relaxed face he had as he took it out overlapps with mine whenever I received Momo’s baked snacks.

“Oh, milady has gotten even better, hasn’t she?”

“Power of love, I guess? There was none to praise her before after all.”

“She really has changed, hasn’t she. How should I put it, like a maiden in love?”

“Stop with the tease, you fools.”

While Locke was looking away, I sneakily took one of the sandwiches in the lunch box. As I gobbled it down, I tasted the crushed egg filling which was flavored with some kind of salty seasoning. At any rate, It’s a taste that I never had before in my entire life.

“Ah! You bastard, again! I was saving that for the last!”

“Why are you so moved about an evil witch’s cooking? That wench used her followers to harass Momo, you know?”

“You already told me that before.”

“No, you don’t understand. Are you just gonna turn a blind eye to the harassment of your precious childhood friend? Your feelings about Momo must be just as shallow then.”

I said so, trying to provoke him but his face suddenly went expressionless, and then started stuffing the remaining sandwiches into his mouth. His mouth was too full to complain and when I gave him a surprised look, he gave me a ridiculing glance in return.

“Wasn’t she thrown out of the capital to atone for that? She is already abiding by the punishment given to her by the royal family and the sacred church, so there’s no need for us to do anything anymore. Pushing someone already down out of your own sense of justice is just for your own personal satisfaction.”

“What!? Momo is currently being terrorized by the thought of that woman plotting revenge, you know? Shouldn’t all evils be thoroughly and completely crushed?”

Lucky was about to steal one of the sandwiches but Locke blocked his attempt.

“Sir Dai, do you not feel anything whenever you eat one of milady’s lunches?”

“Huh?”

Hearing that, I lightly grasped my arms relaxed them back to try to feel anything. I noticed that my fatigue were thoroughly erased. This place has miasma far thicker than anything outside of the dungeon, not to mention, we didn’t really come out unscathed of all monsters we fought. How could we possibly recover so easy over a short break time?

“They were ridden with sacred magic, not to mention, a considerably stronger one. Being able to give blessing through food is a feat only head priests can do, or maybe even only the Saintess.”