123 : Yello Keith Coloflare 3 - Consultation

That was how the game of proving whether this game was someone’s creation or not, between Canaria and I had started. I am to prove to her that this world is a reality, while Canaria will prepare proof that this world is that of a game. So I had her put all the information between the two games together and send them to me later on.

In actuality, I didn’t really care whether the world was a reality or that of a game. The ones to make a distinction between these two are either the god himself, or perhaps the otherworlders. There’s no use in going around and pondering my thoughts about things out of my reach. The only thing that royalties such as us must consider is to make the country richer and to prevent making its citizen starve– at least according to my tutors.

But still, the main reason why I made the bet of proving that this world was not a game was because being seen as an imaginary character by her was amusing. That’s right, even if I am truly just a piece in someone’s storyboard.

Just recalling her face flustered in red after telling her that she’ll have to kiss me, makes my lips slacken.

After several days, a parcel from the Corundum Kingdom has arrived. It was the information regarding the two games that I asked of Canaria. I had her write it in Corrundum’s language to help my study too, so the servants wouldn’t understand them even if they took a peek. I went straight to reading them with the assistance of a dictionary in hand.

‘…..’

After reading for a while, I sorted out my thoughts. This game with Coloflare Kingdom as its stage, with a love story as its body, was seemingly thoughtlessly trampling on this kingdom’s secret. Although they were not so secure as to prevent foreign spies from completely finding them out, it was still my first time discovering things that you will only find out in the forbidden books, such as the Saintess, the first’s name. However, I’m at a loss as to how should I confirm their veracity. If I ask father about this, he’ll certainly ask where I got the information from. I cannot possibly just blurt out that this was a game, and I got it from that game’s strategy. I guess Canaria must’ve pondered about this in the past as well.

That aside, I need to come up with a method to prove to her that this was not a world of a game. However, she’s highly unlikely to listen to my words alone, so I might need to gather several people’s opinions.

◆ ◇ ◆ ◇ ◆

First, I tried asking the person who gave me advice on how to stop a lady’s tears.

‘Sei, do you happen to know what to do about a girl who is seemingly convinced that you’re just a major character of a story?’

‘What’s that about sir? That’s way out of the blue.’

Omitting the keywords, ‘game’ and ‘past lives, I merely illustrated it in a way of consulting about story’s contents being uncannily similar to the events within one’s surroundings.

‘In other words, the lady was fearing that it was a prophetic record, isn’t it?’

‘Prophetic… well, I guess that’s true. Either way, the story had a tragic end so she was anxious that it’ll happen.’

‘Then first, you shouldn’t deny her words and board on it.’

Ah, but I ended up denying it immediately though. I mean, she’s talking about our country’s destruction, you know?

‘The most important in hearing a girl’s troubles is not advice but sympathy. No matter how outlandish her stories are, for the lady, they were severely serious matters. You must not ridicule them for that. Once you let her vent her frustrations, just hold her and tell her that you are there for her, and that’s a win.’