122 : Yello Keith Coloflare 2 - The Otome Game Where Ruin Awaits

Ever since Canaria Riqum became aware of her surroundings, she already had a few memories of her past life. She was a person from another world, born and raised in a civilization far different from those of this world. A life exposed to so many stories thanks to “Science” that developed in that world instead of magic.

One of such stories is a love story where Coloflare Kingdom was the setting. It was something they called “Otome Game”

‘I couldn’t believe it when I was told that I will be engaged to Sir Keith. But every time a piece of information regarding the neighboring kingdom comes, my hazy memories become even more clearer, and having met you just now had confirmed it, sir.’

‘That this world is a game?’

It’s hard to believe her on the spot. After all, Coloflare Kingdom didn’t have a concept of past lives, (which largely has to do with religious circumstances.) Either way for someone who simply reincarnated into a world of a story, Canaria’s reaction looked terribly afraid. Was she supposed to die later on in that story?

‘By the way, what kind of role did Canaria have in this “game?”‘

‘I do not appear in the story. It was only written that Sir Keith will be married to a “princess of the neighboring kingdom.” Ah, but I was quite envious of her! After all, Sir Keith couldn’t be captured in the game, so I was left with no choice but to take Prince Leddorio’s route and wait for your scenes. I was truly envious of the lady for being able to marry sir Keith! But now that would be me, I’m soo happy!’

I couldn’t do anything but a nod to Canaria’s sudden talkativeness. Considering how she looked as if she was about to die earlier, this must mean that she truly liked those ‘games’ a lot. It appears that I was her favorite… but I feel conflicted because it did not refer to me of today.

‘Canaria, if this was really a ‘game’ world, wouldn’t that be fun to you? What were you so afraid of earlier?’

Interrupting her seemingly endless talks halfway, she suddenly stopped moving for a moment, then dropped her shoulders. I ended up making her remember unpleasant things, but her love talks were clearly leading to the derailment of the topic.

‘I’m sorry sir… I’m a complete bystander in that game. But the thing is, the suspicion of this world being that of a game started in the Corundum Kingdom.’

It appears that Canaria didn’t only play a single game in her past life. There was another story where the keywords ‘Corrundum Kingdom’, ‘Duke Riqum,’ and ‘Order of the Dragonknights’ in its plot which is a completely different story to the one with Coloflare Kingdom.

[The demonic hands of the empire that swallowed the country in its circumference has finally reached the Corrundum Kingdom. With the Princess who bore the blood of the Saintess, kidnapped by the empire, the main protagonist who got his home village destroyed, swore to avenge and rebuild his country. He shall lead the dragon knights, blessed by the dragon god, and save the kidnapped princess.]

Or so was the game’s story.

‘If this is truly the world of the game, then the Corundum Kingdom will be destroyed by the empire soon.

Of course, there were some disparities to the reality, sir. First and foremost of all was that our country doesn’t have a saintess. I’ve looked in our history books as well but there was not a single mention of a Saintess. The heroine was a princess named after an ancient saintess too so it makes me feel relieved that the game was different on that part.

But then… Coloflare Kingdom exists in this world at the same time. A young lady awakening as a Saintess and being wed to a prince of Coloflare Kigndom was also the setting of another game… was this a coincidence, sir?’