67 : Advent Festival

As the surrounding people moved around preoccupied with the preparations for the advent festival, Chloe who had finished changing had finally shown herself. She was donning the Saintess clothing earlier and had the same brown-haired pony tail as Chaco. These along with the veil she wore would effectively deceive far onlookers.

“You have to wear this.“

Prince Keith was shown in the reflection throwing something towards Shin. It was a magical bracelet with a magic stone within it.

“Your highness, what could this be?”

Sponsored Content
“It’s a cognisance-interference magical item. Your hair and eye color stand out too much.”

When Shin obediently wore the bracelet, the eyes of the ladies widened in surprise. Prince Leddorio couldn’t see what was going on in the mirror but he figured that there was a drastic change in his appearance.

“Now, make your way. This is your greatest stage presented by a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!”

The capital was full of people who were enjoying the festival and the stage that was prepared for the saintess was more crowded. Chloe rose to that stage and danced within the tune of the resounding church music as she offered prayers.

“So this year would be Brown Newspaper Company’s lass.”

“Hmm? But if I recall, the true saintess that they found was supposed to be the one performing this year, though?”

“That aside, the dance of the saintess must have required quite the severe practice. Look, the dancing was the same as last year’s.”

The surrounding onlookers didn’t even have the slightest idea that the one performing was the same temporary saintess that had been banished. Still, some people did doubtfully turned their heads towards Chaco Brown who kept hanging around with the innocent look on her face.

“Now, why don’t you hurry up and distribute these newspapers..”

“Lady Chaco, wouldn’t you need to disguise yourself as— huh? Isn’t that…”

Shin, who was attending Chaco, seemingly saw some familiar faces within the crowds of people. There was one among them who stood tall and had long blue hair who took along with him, a lady with sky-colored hair as they strolled around the festival stalls.

‘…what on earth is he doing?”

‘Sei… You said I’m the only one, and yet you’re having a date with Missouri!‘

Momo said as her whole body trembled. Leddorio wondered if the lady was frustrated upon seeing Sei spend time with his fiance. He considered that perhaps Momo had already chosen Sei. But if the feelings of the two were truly mutual, Sei would have discarded his fiancee in accordance with Momo’s wishes.

The fact that Sei stated that the cancellation of his engagement was proceeding smoothly, and then abruptly getting married afterwards, just didn’t made any sense with the first prince.
“How pathetic…”

“Don’t say that brother. After all, he was there as your substitute because you left the capital.”

His younger brother, the main perpetrator behind dragging Chloe towards the capital was becoming more impudent so Leddorio stared daggers at him instead.