118 : Three days have passed since Momo woke up.

Locke descended to the Situm City to receive letters from the capital addressed to Momo. Which reminded Leddorio of the magical tool that the young man lends to Shin for transport. It also had a green feather within it upon closer look. Apparently, it was something that Locke obtained before even realizing it; a feather with mysterious powers. That’s why when he got adopted by a foreign noble, he had it custom-made into a magic tool. It was unmistakably the main responsible for allowing Momo to summon the sacred bird.

The feathers lost their effect when Momo lost their trust. It dawned on the prince the reason why Locke was still able to use the magical tool. It shows just how different the caliber of a man Locke was, compared to them.

(But if that’s the case… what will become of Chloe’s feelings?)

Slipping through Dai’s, who was building a new door with several wooden planks from scratch; Passing through Sei, who prostrated himself at the Church’s reliefs; Turning a fleeting glance towards Dai who has been drinking himself since noon in the cafeteria; Leddorio’s footsteps led him towards the lodging’s second floor. As always, Shin was in front of the door like a gatekeeper, which means that Chloe is in the room.

‘Are you planning to break another door, sir? The mistress already scolded you so sternly and yet you never learn.’

‘It doesn’t even have one, right now. I just want to check on them.’

‘Oh my, Prince Leddorio.’

At that moment, his eyes met with Chloe who was about to leave. He wasn’t able to hide his discomposure due to suddenly seeing her close but, Chloe didn’t pay him any mind and only glanced over the room. Momo was on the bed, reading the letters from their hometown that she received during her time in the academy. After reading one line after another carefully, she re-reads the same letter again from scratch.

‘If she reads so carefully like that, it’ll be night time before she finishes.’

‘I guess that explains the weekend skips. But, that’s just who Momo is. She should’ve been a girl who treasures her family and hometown more than anything else.’

The gentle smile that Chloe had towards the lady was not the kind to emit towards a love rival. Watching the side profile of her gaze filled with affection, the prince could hear his heart noisily pound. He needed to keep the talk going, but before he manages to, Chloe talked to him again.

‘Which reminds me, has his highness talked to Momo yet? For some reason, brother and the others have been acting strange ever since.’

‘W-well… not yet.’

Even though she was such a sweet child- or so Chloe muttered, inclining her head, but the prince could only vaguely evade her question. While he did try to talk to Momo after, she was too fearful, apologizing over and over in confusion… in her previous odd verbal tone.

(Well, I guess commoners would usually act like that…)

Whenever Momo speaks, his close associates keep their distance with a zombified face. As selfish as it was, even though they were deceived, they still wanted to keep their memories of her as beautiful as they were, or so it seems. Dai, who had gotten over her already, said that he would’ve gotten along with her as friends with a bitter smile on his face. Shin, who seemingly felt guilty for retreating once, made progress, now conversant with her.

Leddorio… on the other hand, surprisingly was not as shocked as they were. Hearing her countryside tone gives him a headache, and while it also tore off all the remaining attachments that he had of her, the thought of the how the Momo, whom he fell in love with, completely disappearing, didn’t make his heart ache as he thought it would.

(Does that mean, it wasn’t so much of true love at all? In the first place, just what is true love? Momo and Chloe both kept their secrets, and it was something as absurd as remembering their past lives, and this reality, being a game or whatever. Now I can’t even tell which is real or not.)

If everything becomes questionable, then perhaps there’s no use in glossing over every detail. But despite knowing that, Leddorio couldn’t help but become curious. Why is it that only when he realized… does he begin to be perplexed by these mysterious feelings in his chest?

‘Milady, Prince Yellow had arrived. He wishes to personally talk to you alone.’

Shin, who came from the hallway, called upon the lady.