Limousine

It had been just over a week since The Mangler broke into his apartment. Well, just over a week since the villain made himself known about it. Since, he had been leaving small gifts on Bdubs kitchen counter for when he got home or when he woke up. Every single one had been trashed. Bdubs didn't trust that monster, not one bit. But tonight was not about annoying villains or their incessant presents. No, tonight was about friends, family, and company heirs.

It was the night that the twins Scar and Cub Vexling would take over their father's place in the company. Well, they wouldn't technically take ownership of the company until the next morning, but tonight was the night of the formal party in their honor. Bdubs and Keralis had both received an invite in the mail perhaps a month prior, informing them of the plus one (not plus two or plus three) policy and the strict RSVP. It was beautiful, heartwarming, and terrifying all at once, much like the Vexlings themselves.

Unfortunately for Bdubs, the event had quite a strict dress code, forcing him to dig his one and only suit out of his closet. Keralis and Xisuma spent much of the afternoon debating on the best accessories for his outfit while he sat quietly in the corner. Style wasn't his thing. He would much rather spend the night in a comfy hoodie paired with worn sweatpants. But for a friend, he would suffer just the one night.

"Keralis?"

"Yes Bubbles?"

"I feel stupid."

"Nonsense Bubbles. You look positively dashing."

Bdubs turned and gave himself another look in the mirror. "You sure?"

"Yes Bubbles."

A smooth British accent punctured the conversation. "Keralis is right, Bdubs. You look good."

"I suppose." Bdubs sighed. "Scar better appreciate it."

"I doubt he'll even notice, with all of the excitement."

"Then why are we doing this?" Bdubs practically shouted in mock annoyment and real confusion.

"So we can get in the party and congratulate him."

"Ughh. Fine."

Keralis walked out of the bathroom, dressed in a gorgeous blue suit jacket and pants paired with a crisp white dress shirt.

Xisuma whistled softly. "You clean up nice. Maybe you should wear this stuff more often."

"I do not exist solely for your amusement, Shishwammy."

"I know... You really do look good."

"Way better than me." Bdubs added.

"Bubbles. You look great. We will be the talk of the town after tonight."

"I'm sure that will be Scar and Cub."

"Nope. It will be us."

Bdubs laughed, finally relaxing. "You sure you don't wanna come with us, X? We can try and sneak you in."

"Nah. I'm not as good of friends with the Vexlings as you guys."

"It'll be fun though."

"Someone's gonna be there that I don't wanna see."

"Oh... okay then."

"Really, it's okay. You two go have fun."

"Okay. C'mon Keralis!"

The pair clambered down the stairs. Well, Bdubs clambered while Keralis made it look so easy to walk in fancy shoes. When they made it to the apartment entrance they saw a long black car sitting under the awning.