Disguise

"Doc. I love ya dude, but you are not inconspicuous by any means."

Bdubs snickered at Hels' words and glanced up at the villain whose posture and crossed arms displayed mock annoyance.

"What am I supposed to do?"

"Maybe not wear a ripped lab coat everywhere?"

"I hate you."

"That might actually help us." Xanthus suggested.

"Literally how?"

"It's what everyone looks for when you say The Mangler. No one would expect him to show up in anything else."

"Xan. You. Are. Brilliant. This is why I love you." Hels teased.

"We need to get you a disguise." Xanthus told Doc while ignoring Hels. He turned to Bdubs. "You too, probably.

"What?"

"You're still wearing the outfit from the 'kidnapping'. Kinda recognizable, especially since it's all over the media."

"Oh yeah."

"Costume closet?" Hels asked Xanthus, pulling on his jacket arm like a little kid.

"Costume closet." Xanthus sighed.

"Costume closet?" Bdubs and Doc asked at the same time.

"Costume closet!" Hels exclaimed.

"Can someone please explain what's going on?" Bdubs exclaimed.

"Hels likes to steal clothes. He never wears any of it, except for very rare special occasions. Most of the stuff that doesn't fit him ends up in a room everyone calls the costume closet. For a fee, people can take an outfit for when they need a disguise." Xanthus explained.

"Oh." Bdubs said, giving Hels a slight glare. "Sounds helpful, and illegal."

Ignoring Bdubs, Hels continued, "And for a friend, no payment necessary."

"Thanks..." Doc said, pushing Hels away.

"This way, everyone! Follow the leader."

"You are not our leader." Xanthus sighed, following his prancing boyfriend out the door.

Bdubs watched Doc make a gesture to a quiet stranger leaning against the wall. Ever since Doc told him to shut up, he hadn't said a word.

"Psst. Doc. Who is that guy?" Bdubs whispered as the group walked down more sketchy couridoors.

"I'm a demon."

"Ah!" Bdubs collapsed against Doc as the stranger appeared beside them. The villain held the hero up until the hero pulled away, his face flushed.

"He's a demon." Doc confirmed.

"Why is he here?"

"He's..."

"Helping you guys to earn my freedom." The demon explained with a sly smile.

"Why do I feel like you actually want us to die horrible deaths?"

"Not sure. For what it's worth, I actually want you people to succeed."

"Why?"

"Let's just say I wanna stick it to the man." His heterochromic eyes glinted dangerously.

"What?"

"I want to hurt the ones who did this to me. More specifically, Doc and his buddies. But I can't do that. So instead, I'm gonna help him. And then I'll be free." He paused. "Or, as free as a soulbound demon can be." He added with a hiss.