5.

I sat in the tub letting the maid run the black wide mouth comb through my mane, while I submerged my self in a very cold bath,
After Drusilla had marked me and I crumbled to my feet letting the pain and burning sensation course through my veins like molten lava, letting the marking rage fire from hell in my skin.
Letting it burn me from the inside out, the last time she had marked me she took her sweet time carving my skin by running her long fingernails on my back, mapping it with the evidence of her cruelty. Tracing every curve on my back with her fingers while she did the unspeakable to me.

I vowed never to let that happen, I vowed never to go through the torture she had made me go through, I vowed never to give her the satisfaction of seeing me weak. The burning at my sides had begun stinging.
"Enough, I want to be alone.' I told the maid who had just finished with my now tamed hair. She bowed and scurried out of my presence.
I drained the tub and  wore my robe with great difficulty, I clutched my sides as walked out of my bathing house to my room. I sat on the window sill, looking at the creatures roaming around, laughing while evil was sitted at the corner

I saw Drusilla sitting in the market, with that evil smile gracing her face, she and the devils could not step foot in the Palace because of Zalika's magic, I blinked and before I knew it she had disappeared.
My brother Kiev had begun to get better from what I had heard from my maid, ever since I had been marked 3nights ago, only my chambermaids had seen Me. My brothers had knocked, my advisors and Zalika had come but I refused to open the door. Lycans and werewolves loved challenging the Alpha when they were at their lowest.

The wonderful smell of pineapple and sandalwood wafted through my nose and I knew that it was almost dinner time. My mate Hala had always come her before dinner for the past 3 days, she would mostly stay by the door, contemplating if she should stay or leave. I heard her pace around my door before hearing her footsteps descend down the spiral steps.
I waited for a generous amount of minutes before I changed into a royal dinner clothes.  People were beginning to question me, ask what was wrong with their king, I knew someone had begun visualising them selves on the throne already, I needed to show the that I was alive, well and strong not weakened and in angst.

The double doors opened and sixteen pair of eyes stared at me as I walked in, I resisted the urge to clutch my sides while I walked to the head of the table, I saw Zalika sitting on the far end of my left, when the king wasn't seated, the seat to his left and right were always empty. She looked at me with expectations in her eyes but I ignored her and beckoned my brother to Sit at my right and left respectively, ZALIKA'S eyes blazed with undiluted anger but I could care less right now, she was going to give me an earful later but right now, I needed my brothers only them.

"The lycan has come out of hibernating" the sides of my tilted while I drank out my chalice.
" if only lycans did hibernate brother"
I replied to Kiev's jab, I wanted time with my brothers so I dismissed everyone including Zalika, I was now sitted with my brothers and their mates with also Hala who picked absentmindedly on her food.
"Tarak, what happened to brother" I took in a breath
"I paid a visit to an old nemesis and she thought it wise to mark me."
"You sought Drusilla out, have you completely lost it" Axel spat at me, my brothers worried for me and I them.
"Let me see" I raised an eyebrow at Kiev
"Do you wish Me naked brother, you've been marked you can always just look at yours" I heard Hala choke a bit on her water at my feeble attempt at a joke.
Kiev rolled his eyes and pointed his finger at me
"Take off your tunic now Tarak."

I hesitantly pulled my robe and tunic letting the sight of my marked torso grace their eyes.
They all rose from their seats touching me as if I was an animal from the zoo, when I felt her touch on my back and torso my body was electrified and buzzed, I had finally felt the wonderful spark that graced the presence of mates, her touch made me growl lowly, when no one was looking i made contact with her vibrant blue eyes which was now glossy with tears. I had no one to cry for me other than my brothers but now this woman whom I had killed was almost crying on the behalf of a monster like me. I truly didn't deserve her.

My brothers sentenced me to rest and tomorrow we would talk more about the devils and the gifteds
I removed my clothes leaving me only in my trousers as I looked at the moon.
Zalika had just stormed out of my room, cursing me because I hadn't seated her on my left nor right.
She burned all the fire lilies in my room in a fit of anger when I remained unfazed when she threw one of her famous temper tantrums.
It was one of the reasons why the elders saw her not fit to be a good queen, she was hot headed and short fused.

I sat on my bed removing the clip that held my hair in a man bun running my hand through my obsidian black hair letting it fall down to my shoulders, I covered myself in a blanket made out of the fur of the first lycan, I was about to fall into the arms of sleep when the calming scent of Hala flooded my nose. I stood up from my bed  and yanked her into my Chambers. Her scent filled my room and her doe eyes widened, she cast her eyes down to my naked torso
"I apologise for coming this late your majesty I just wanted to check on you, I was worried about your marks " the last part of her statement were so quiet and mousy that If I wasn't a lycan, I wouldn't have heard a word she said.

I sat her down on my bed "I am alive and well Hala and If I die well the world would be with one less a monster."
"I don't see you as a monster Tarak."
"Coming from the person whom I killed as a child"
"I did see you as one and for the longest time I despised you but now that I see you, I  find no reason to despise you."
"Hala I can't promise you happy ever after, you should hate me because I'll keep adding to my pile of grievances. I am unworthy of you Hala and that is the truth."

She kept her mouth shut and rested her on my shoulders while I held her, I could not give a her happy life, everything I touched I destroyed, I only wish her good things in life but the moon goddess shackled her with me.
The silent night was abruptly disturbed by the loud ringing of the bell
"What's happening Tarak "Hala asked with panic in her eyes
"We are under attack."