14

Hala's pov 💛..

I remember the first time I came across a werewolf, the first time I finally knew of the existence of supernaturals

They weren't as terrifying as humans nor as my Foster parents, I felt oddly comforted by their presence maybe it was because I was an oddity like they were. I was on the run from my Foster parents when I trespassed into Alpha Axel's territory.
I was called a miracle child by my parents  apparently I died when I was two day old but somehow I came back to the land of the living, I had always thought it absurd and quite the exaggeration, I was doted on and treated like glass for almost half my childhood until life decided to take another turn.

On the night of my eighth birthday, tragedy struck my family, the electricity had gone out suddenly and in panic I lit a candle, my tiny eight year old feet pattering down the stairs in fear looking for my parents, I walked down to the kitchens , where I saw both my parents on the the counter passed out with a bottle of tequila between them, o got a whiff of something strange and I had always been a curious child, when I realised the funky smell was gas, it was already to late. I didn't remember too much of that incident but I didn't remember the charred skin of my lifeless parents, I remembered seeing the house I grew up in go up in flames, I remembered the once grey walls become blackened, every now and then I remembered my mother's scream before I blacked out.
No one wanted to take me after my parents demise, apparently I was a cursed child before the flames from the gas explosion only licked the hem of my nightdress but I came out unscathed without a single scratch on my body, I wished I had known I was a gifted then maybe I would protected them at all cost.
I was dumped at an orphanage by my dear aunt and uncle, i was adopted four times and each time returned like damaged goods, I was adopted again at the age of 16 by my abusive  Foster parents Tasha and Jacob. Everyday for the past two years I spent with them was pure hell, each day I felt empty inside and each day I had cover up fresh wounds.

On my eighteenth birthday, I heard Tasha storm out of the house once again in anger, i was waiting for the door next to me to shut close as well before making my premeditated escape out of this hellhole. Instead of that much awaited door slam, my bedroom door was kicked open by Jacob who reeked of booze the intentions in his eyes were clear as day. Today it was either live or die. I was able to escape him by the skin of my teeth by breaking his own beer bottle on his fat head, I ran down the stairs in haste and opened the front door only to come across Tasha, she looked at my bloodied hands and my frenzied state and pieced the puzzle, I ran past her into the woods and she chased after me calling me names as she played the predator and I the prey.
"Hala, you bitch " I made the mistake of turning which led Me to slip and roll down the forest floor, I crashed into a tree and when I looked up I saw bright yellow eyes like that of burning Ambers before passing out.

I lived with Axel's pack for four peaceful years and I loved every single moment, it was peaceful except for the sometimes rogue attacks. I learned more about myself being a gifted and more about supernaturals from mages, witches, werecats , wolves, lycans, gifteds, dragon shifters and others. I spent most time in selene's temple the moon goddess, I felt oddly comfortable in her presence. I always remembered a faint memory when I was little in a garden with her sitting on a bench, her cold hands were comforting and  her presence was comforting
She seemed sad when she said "I am sorry to you and him" then I didn't know who he was at the time and now I did.
The concept of mates had fascinated me at the time at a point I thought I was Azim's because of the affection we both shared but the first time I learnt of my true mate Tarak I loathe him for the longest of time, I still do. I met with a prophetess at a creek once who had told me what he had done and reasons why I shouldn't hate him.

"You can come out now hala" I looked at the red eyed man infront of me and every fibre in me tried fighting the attraction I felt for him but I couldn't. Tarak seemed like a person who took on a lot, the kind of person who slaved away helping others, in a his persona made him more desirable in my eyes.
I took a step, walking to him until the hem of my gown grazed his trousers
"What are you doing Hala." I looked into his eyes and it seemed like his was trying his hardest to suppress his wolf. I held the the collar of his tunic
"Hala, stop " I leaned in more "just shut up a second." I said before taking in his intoxicating scent and smashing my lips on his.

An
Thanks for 200+reads
Gracias
Please check my other work especially I'll love from afar previously named Teardrops