7.

"Hala" I roared out immediately shifting into a human and briskly walking to her
The fire was spreading burning the dead bodies of the centaurs and basilisk who was hissing painfully.
"I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO STAY BACK." I didn't care that I was stark naked infront of Hala.
"I wanted to help." I pushed her away and tightened my hands around the charging centaur, killing him in one strike. I looked back at Hala refusing to speak another word for if I did, my anger would roll of in waves.
I left her in the care of Axel's beta Azim, his grey wolf was the closest, the rest of the fighters were scattered around tearing their heads of the centaurs. "Tarak" my mate tried talking to me before I left, I knew I was being petty but honestly I hated when people defied my words.

I shifted to my beast immediately charging after the Basilisk, its skin was charred and I took it as an opportunity to strike. I slid down the large beast, clawing it from its throat to the skin of its heart. It let out an unattractive shriek before falling down, my entire fur was drenched in blood. I was angry at Hala, I bit back my tongue, I didn't want to speak Words to scar her but she needed to listen to me.
I chased the coward centaurs who took shelter in the forest, killing every last one of their kind with my men, no mercy, these creatures deserved no mercy.
We marched back to the Palace, the wounded wolves were trotting slowly while the healthy ones surrounded them, behaving as a shield to ward off any impending attack.
While I and my brothers trotted side by side. As we entered the castle I released a loud roar signifying we had won, the healers raced to the injured sides and the court servants brought us cloaks and tunics to cover of nakedness. I shifted and collected the cloak from Ophelia and walked to my Chambers not before making eye contact with Hala, my eyes were still black, it would take a long time for him to calm himself. The maids had already prepared a bath.

The colour of the water changed when I stepped inside, the whole tub had turned blood red, I drained and refilled the water, I stayed in the water for a long time, trying to calm myself.
I was using the the towel to dry my hair when I got a whiff of Ophelia's scent
"May I enter"
"Yes" she bowed before me, "the celebratory dinner has been prepared sire."
"Very well, I will be in the dining hall soon."

I faced the mirror, my eyes were returning to it red colour, I looked at my torso tracing the golden black marks with my fingers, I remembered how much I cried when I recieved my first mark, it was the first time I had cried since I was a child. I cried so much I wondered what I had done to my parents to make them hate me enough to sacrifice me. Those memories I hadn't forgotten, I had even hesitated to deliver the final blow when I fought my father for the title, I eventually had to kill him even though I spent days grieving a man who hated me. I wiped away the lone teardrop that fell from my eyes, never again would I go back to that boy who looked for an ounce  humanity in the greatest of monsters. I donned on a blue tunic, it reminded me of Hala's eyes.

I walked down the stairs and down to the dinning Hall, filled with the shifters who had fought beside me, I sat at the head of the table.
"You may be seated." I said, the feast was ravishing and delicious but sadly I couldn't stomach it, it tasted bland.
"Brother"
"Yes Kiev"
"Are you okay, did that wench mark you again."
"No, I just don't have the appetite to eat, do not worry about me." Kiev bit his tongue and nodded hesitantly, I looked up and watched the merriment around me, the sound of laughter, I had forgotten the sound of mine, my chuckles were missing joy, joy was something I lacked since I was a babe.

Throughout the dinner, I ignored the looks thrown at me from different directions, Axel and Kiev were worried about me, Zeres and Venus threw looks at me, normally I would chastise them on their boisterous behaviour but today I had no strength to do so, Zalika looked at me with furrowed brows wondering why I was quiet. I looked at Hala was was peeking at me while talking to Azim. All of a sudden I felt nostalgia, I suddenly couldn't take this anymore.
I raised my golden chalice filled with wine that I hadn't touched and proposed a Toast  " cheers to my brave warriors who fought by my side and wiped the treacherous centaurs out of existence.  Cheers to the first of many more victories."  They replied with a choruses of cheers, I gave them a smile that barely reached my eyes.
I looked at Azim and Hala and my heart clenched.
"Tarak.". I stood up from my seat , feeling claustrophobic and walked out of the dining room.
"Not now Axel, we'll talk later" I ran to the only place I found peace the Palace gardens, I sat by the pond covered with water lilies, the place calmed me down, relaxing the knot that had formed in my stomach.

I tried ignoring the scent, maybe If I pretended she wasn't here, she would leave.
"Tarak" I closed my eyes revelling the her honey coated voice before turning to her.
"Hala, I forbade you from that battle" I said without turning to her
"I wanted to help"
"I told you to stay for your own safety Hala" I heard her scoff  "it's quire ironic, the one who wanted me dead wants my own safety." A tear slid down my eyes, my mistakes were thrown right in my face from  the person who had claimed to forgive me.
I turned to her and gave her a sad smile
"Tarak I.. ii" i squeezed her hand before walking away from the garden, I shifted into my wolf running as fast as I can, cursing my self for my mistakes, I let out a sad broken howl and trotted slowly to the familiar ocean before shifting and wearing my tunic and trousers

 ii" i squeezed her hand before walking away from the garden, I shifted into my wolf running as fast as I can, cursing my self for my mistakes, I let out a sad broken howl and trotted slowly to the familiar ocean before shifting and wearing my tun...

I put my hand in the water in the blackened water and whispered her name, the water bubbled for a while before she came out.
"Anahita" I said
"Hello, old friend "