-Four

Day one was fun and hopefully day two was gonna be same.

Mom stayed back at the clinic for the extra hours shift but somehow kinda made it early enough for dinner. The little gathering such as this, a nice meal with the family is what actually strengthens our bonds.

Mom was exhausted but still had the appetite for the meal set before her. Dad Steve did the cooking, I helped him with the chores and getting the table set for dinner. I may be crippled but definitely not an handicap to be unable to do little chores such as this. Though tired, the tiredness didn't stop mom from teasing and flirting with her husband. Seemed improper but I didn't want to ruin their moment,so I tried to pay no attention too whatever they were both doing.

Mom was quick to make mockery of how daddy Steve grilled the fish,it kinda looked over cooked but definitely far from being burnt. Maybe we were just a step away from having burnt fish for dinner.

"How was school?" Mom's trying to do the normal daily check on how the went.

"Fine,I guess." I said as I use my cutleries to murder the already grilled fish on my plate.

"We had this surprised test back in school and I really did well." I add.

"Really?" Mom becomes inquisitive.

"Yeah." I hand over my test sheet too her. After accessing it, she smiles.

"That's my girl. Give me an high-five!" We do the high five thing. I'm kinda feeling proud.

"Told you everything was gonna be fine. You sure made a bank statement on your first day by banging an A." Dad Steve says feeling proud of my mini achievement.

"You mean an A+." I kinda correct him coz it wasn't just an A I scored but an A+.

"Well, okay princess."

"Yeah, daddy Steve." It's kinda awkward calling him daddy Steve but he's cool with the whole thing ,so,I can say even as awkward as everything seems,it's not awkward.

"Young Man,how was school today?" Daddy Steve turns his attention towards Marcus and faces him concerning how his day went.

"Ahh..." Tongue tied.

"It wasn't bad, I'm still new so I'm still getting too know how the whole place works." Talks with his mouth full.

"Any achievement?" Mom inquisitively asks.

"Not any that I know of, but if surviving the first day is an achievement,then yeah." His statement ushers in a mood of laughter to the dining.

After we were all done with dinner,the next thing in my routine is heading too my room to study for a little while before hitting the snooze button.

Mom insisted on being the one to take me too my room rather than me rolling my wheelchair there myself. I insisted that she shouldn't bother herself knowing she was already pretty much exhausted but she was too demanding and I had to give in.

Arriving at my room,mom gets carried away and begins to rearrange my already messy hair. Anytime something like happens,a conversation is always around the corner.

"Guess like you're blending in pretty well." She begins to spill the beans.

"Yeah. But not sure if it's really blending in, it could just be me feeling the new girl's treatment." Wouldn't want to be getting my hopes up.

"Perhaps so." She weaves my hair into braids.

"What's up with you and your dad?" She asks. Wasn't sure I knew what she meant.

"What about him?" I'm confused.

"You still kinda call him daddy Steve. Why not just drop the Steve and flow with the daddy or dad?"

"It's already been 6years since the divorce and since I got married to him." She adds.