- Nineteen

[Don't forget to play the YouTube video before you start reading, it gives more touch to the story.]

Mom brought me to work. It was definitely not a bring your kid to work day thing. She just wanted to have me around; she was just maybe missing my company. These days she's just been a workaholic.

Arriving at the hospital, guess who we bumped into? The one and only Mrs. Nike. Honestly, it wasn't like I wasn't expecting to cross paths with her, it's just fun doing the guessing thing.

"Is that you, girl?" She said.

"Yeah?" I said. I wasn't showing much excitement to see her but trust me I was surely excited to see her.

"It's been three months!"

"Yeah."

"No calls. No text. No massages!" She about scolding me. I was definitely expecting this.

Who leaves a kind hearted old lady from the hospital without texts, calls and all that? Me.

"Forgive her Mrs. Nike. I'm actually to blame. " Mom said trying to intervan.

" Of course you are! " Well, that's Mrs. Nike for you. She's not always grumpy and nagging, but maybe just most of the times (─.─||).

"And why's she looking all fat!"

"Fat?" I said looking at my body.

Maybe I had gain a little more weight but fat? I definitely wasn't that.

"It's a good thing right?" Mom said. Mom knew she was just trying to tease all of us in her ever jovial way.

"Nope!" She said.

"Honestly, take a look at her!" She said wiggling her fingers.

"What's wrong with me?"

"You're fat honey. That's what's wrong with you."

" You know what, I'll leave you both to catch up on lost moments. I'll just go check something out." Right, mom was escaping from all this leaving me behind. Great mom!

"Wait what?"

" Bye!" Mom says wiggling a goodbye and walking away.

"Girl, you've been really naughty."

"I know. And I'll definitely be on Santa's naughty list." I said rubbing my shoulders.

"Santa's naughty's list? Who's Santa?" She couldn't get it. It was just an idiomatic expression.

Shes kinda like Simisola but more older and annoying in more mature way, if that's actually a thing.

"What actually brought you here?" I had to change the topic. It was my quick bail to escape her never ending scoldings.

"You know, The usual." I almost forgot. She came here twice every week to do a quick checkup on her health.

"Oh, yeah, that!" I said scratching my head.

"This one was for my BP. Just had to check if it was normal. One has to always be prepared." She said adding.

" Prepared?" That was really a cliff hanger.

" Yeah."

" For what?"

" The glorious home coming." She meant death.

" Funny." I laugh. I kinda find it funny.

She's honestly the only person in the world I've met that's really excited to die.

"The doctor said my BP is well, higher than usual."

"130/80mmHg. I don't even know what it means." She says taking out the results folder from her bag.