- Thirty five

Our papers where delayed a bit. We where told we had to wait 30minutes before the commencement of the exam.

We where rearranged in our sitting arrangements. They aim behind that was to kinda stop fishy business. Like this, no one would be able to copy for anywhere or to rely on friends for answers and support.

I shared a desk with Andy, somewhere by the front row. Esther sat with Lambert. Sharing a desk with Lam did not feel amusing for her. Just before the exam started she whispered to me that she'd fail even before the exam starts but I assured her she'd do great despite not having me around for support. We've been doing much study lately, one I'm certain could make magic play out.

Sharing a desk with Andy felt a bit awkward and weird at first. For sure we hanged out during the break hours and also did group group study together but those scenarios felt a bit different from now.

He was kinda the typically shy guy. We are all introverts but then yet again he was a bit different, he was the shy introvert.

For the first time though, he wasn't with Stephen. Stephen shared a desk with James. James surely had his back for sure but still it felt awkward. He's always with Andy and now they're apart.

Looking to them, two desk behind us it kinda felt like he was gonna be okay.

"Ayomide." I read the catchy font he drew on the desk with a pencil.

Me reading what he wrote down made him feel a bit shy.

"Kossi doesn't like you drawing on her desk." The actual owner of the desk was Kossi. We where just temporary sharing her desk.

"I'll erase it when I'm done." He said shyly.

" What does that mean?" I knew it had to be a name.

" In translation it just means, my joy has arrive." He was quick to keep quiet after saying this.

Not but I could tell he was insanely nervous from his shaking hands. He couldn't even hold his pencil probably. Anxiousness gripped him from another level. Was it the exam or my presence?

I've never seeing him like this, maybe it's was because I've never took the time to notice how his body language plays out around me.

" It's my name. My other name." He said ending the unnecessary suspense.

" Your name?"

I could see his cheek almost blushing the moment I asked. As a guy he managed to keep his cool but even with the self control I could tell he was about blushing. I've been with Marcus for almost half my life so I've learnt a lot about boys from him.

"Yes." He said in respond.

"My parents are kinda the typical Nigerian parents that's why I have double names. One from the English language and the other,"

"As a tribal name." I cut in and completed the sentence.

He nods in to say I'm right.

I felt like asking him why the sudden awkward shyness. Maybe it wasn't sudden but I only started noticing it now, when it was just two of on sharing a desk.

"It would sound weird- asking." I whisper to myself.

"What was that you said?" He heard me. I just totally forget that these days anyone could her me talk to myself.

"Ehmm, hope you don't mind me asking something."

" Su-sure." He stuttered.

"Are you always this shy?" A dumb question.

"Yeah I think." He says.

" Everyone find pleasure in teasing me for being a shy person."

" Mostly my sister's." I wasn't expecting him to say this much though.

"Okay." I wouldn't want to wonder too far asking him unnecessary and unimportant questions.

"They've been saying that it's gonna be difficult for any girl to pick interest in me as I get older if I don't change. " He says adding.

" Ehmm, okay? " I didn't think they're right though. Girls are strongly drawn to guys that are quiet and shy, not sure why.

-Don't get the wrong ideas, I'm not the boy liking type. I still have a lot to do with my life, I hardly even accommodate such thoughts and feelings (٥↼_↼).

Shortly before our papers came in, we did a little group study together, just me and him. It was like a question and answer kinda thing we did. From the looks of things, he was definitely good in biology; why wouldn't he be good in biology? After all he was kinda like a smart nerd.

-

I kinda liked his Afro, it was somehow similar to the one Marcus use to have. Marcus still pushed through with his intentions and had his Afro shaved off. He's on all a low cut hairstyle now. It kinda makes him look small, the haircut makes him look like a normal 14year old. When he was still keeping his Afro he was looking more like my age, 15.

Anyways, it was my first time sharing a desk with him.

[Read, share and Comment]