-Thirteen

Simisola made breakfast for us as expected. I had this neck pain, I perhaps may have woken up from the wrong side of the bed.

We were having noodles for breakfast, a delicacy made by the one and only Simisola.

"Do you still take food to school in a lunch box?" Simisola asks.

"Yeah?" I answer.

"Aren't you too old for that? You're already in grade 10, or you're still a mummys girl?" She's always looking for something to tease me with and this was definitely not an exception.

"What you're saying is like it's literally wrong to take food from home to school?" I give her the confuse look.

"For your age, yeah it is."

"Says who?" I'm not buying what ever she's saying.

" You know what, it's fine." She's unable to defined her view of the whole lunch box thing.

Mom came home that morning to check on us and to refreshing herself up before heading back to the clinic.

Mom dropped us at school. She also dropped Simisola at her place of work. She was a waitress at this fastfood restaurant. Not bad, she needed extra cash during their holiday period and she was really working hard towards that.

Back in school, I would be doing the usual routine. Survive the stares and make it down to class, try not to act smart despite knowing that wasn't something easy and well, just hang out with my new found pals in class.

Not forgetting, I still had this diary journal something to return. I felt like leaving it on his desk, he wouldn't know how it got there and things will be much more easier that way but then it didn't feel so right. Handing it over to him was perhaps the best option.

As easy as it sounds, well, knowing I couldn't even stand infront of him, it was definitely gonna be something extremely hard to do.

I watched him walk into class and I wanted to hand it over but I felt scared coz of the crowd in class. I told myself that I'll hand it over later. I knew I was just procrastinating about the whole thing.

***

I wrestled with myself until it was probably the third period of the day. He excused himself and walked out of class. Know he will surely be alone all by himself, I knew this was surely the best time to hand this thing over. I take it out of my bag and then excuse myself from class.

At the walk way, I couldn't find him. What if he was at the rest room? What would I do then.

Honestly I was lost in thoughts of what step to take next. I couldn't go to the boys restroom. It wouldn't make any sense and even if I do, if anyone saw me there, imagine what they'd think?

"Lam, oh where're you?" I said to myself.

"I'm here!" Someone said from behind me.

I felt startled and nearly jumped off my chair. I turned slowly to see who it was.

Paled brown eyes, bandaged lower arms and in a uniform. It was definitely Lambert.

Sight of him almost made my spirit jumped out of my body. It wasn't like he was terrifying and all that. He was making me feel anxious and nervous.

I had the chance to hand it over now with ease but well I was still had this feeling of unease.

"Hi." I said scratching my shoulder. I did the fake smile, I was definitely nervous.